Can't type an @ symbol in the forums from a mac

• Hey guys,

i'm on a mac with OSX 10.10 (Yosemite, Developer Preview) and i can't type an @ symbol here in the forums as Alt+L (which is the key combo for @ on a mac) is hooked by the editor for creating lists. Is this a known problem? I guess it should be.

Let me know if i could input any additional information.

• Who thought that was a good idea. πŸ˜† don't understand macs sometimes.

I think this forum may be using @frissdiegurke's plugin that utilises keyboard shortcuts. Might be a conflict there.

• Plugin & Theme Dev

It's correct that my plugin causes this issue.
    Since I don't have any more cross-browser-information about keys than the keycode and which mod-keys are pressed it's impossible to find a clean way of work-around for such bad matches.

I've tried my best not to get any conflicts with US/UK layouts and most popular modern browsers, it'd be much effort and result in less intuitive keybindings to support any layouts (I guess yours is german mac-layout?).
    Since the key-bindings are completely configurable within ACP the admins of german boards may choose to change this...

The only (easy) way to completely solve this on plugin-side I can think of would be adding an input-mode πŸ’­
    Any opinions?

• Admin

While we're here, I believe @psychobunny also experienced much trauma when he wrote 90% of a post, then attempted to select the address bar on firefox with the Alt-D shortcut, and watched in horror as NodeBB promptly discarded his post πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Edit: Ironically, this works fine on Chrome, Ctrl-D bookmarks this page as intended πŸ˜›

Edit: Ah, it's Alt-D, edited.

• Plugin & Theme Dev

@julian said:

While we're here, I believe @psychobunny also experienced much trauma when he wrote 90% of a post, then attempted to select the address bar on firefox with the Alt-D shortcut, and watched in horror as NodeBB promptly discarded his post πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Edit: Ironically, this works fine on Chrome, Ctrl-D bookmarks this page as intended πŸ˜›

Edit: Ah, it's Alt-D, edited.

Didn't we tell him once to use one of the many other keybindings to go into address bar πŸ˜„

I just tried with the text above and it really discarded without a dialog to ensure...
    What are the minimum requirements to open this dialog, maybe they can get more soft?

• Admin

It's been a while, but the requirements to open the discard confirmation dialog is simply "if the text area has been edited", so it does seem like a bug on our end...

• Plugin & Theme Dev

Β¬_Β¬ Interesting.

• @julian said:

alt

F6 is my chosen shortcut of choice for selecting the Address Bar.

• Admin

Ctrl-L, for me, and I really don't like when apps I use override that (I'm lookin' at you, Google Docs and Ghost...)

• Admin

Didn't we tell him once to use one of the many other keybindings to go into address bar

You guys suck.

πŸ˜›

• @psychobunny wants the Ctrl+D. πŸ˜†

Suggested Topics

| |