Override template from plugin

• Hello !

Is it possible to override a template file provided by a plugin ? It's not the first time I try it without success...

For example, I need to replace composer.tpl from nodebb-plugin-composer-default to change

<div class="hidden-sm hidden-xs preview-container">
    into
    <div class="hidden-xs preview-container">

I tried to put my composer.tpl version into my own theme templates directory but... no success.

Any help ? Must I really fork the plugin to change a so small thing ?

Thanks in advance !

(Add-on : on small screens, it would be great to be able to replace the write-container with the preview-container on clicking "show preview" and revert to write-container on clicking "show editor").

• Global Moderator

You need to arrange the plugin priority in the ACP so that your theme overrides the rest.

• @PitaJ

My theme is already loaded after the plugin (I tried before and after ; no change)... It's strange.

More infos :
    My theme is loaded at last (in /admin/extend/plugins when sorting plugins).
    I rebuild nodebb.
    My composer.tpl is in /node_modules/nodebb-theme-oxide-YA/templates/modules and it doesn't override composer.tpl in /node_modules/nodebb-plugin-composer-default/static/templates/

?

• Global Moderator

If there composer one is just in templates/ then the one in your theme should be in templates/, not a subdirectory of it.

• @PitaJ Thanks ! Success !!!

composer.tpl needed to be in /node_modules/nodebb-theme-oxide-YA/templates/ and not in /node_modules/nodebb-theme-oxide-YA/templates/modules...

Sorry 😇

Must I write a request for nodebb-plugin-composer-default for this :
    On small screens, it would be great to be able to replace the write-container with the preview-container on clicking "show preview" and revert to write-container on clicking "show editor" ?

• Global Moderator

@alfazaz would you mind opening an issue on the composer GitHub page requesting as much? Thanks

• @PitaJ Ok ! I do it now.

Suggested Topics

| |