Can I use my users' data to log in Nodebb directly?

Technical Support

Suggested Topics

• Set up NodeBB with AWS

Technical Support
    0 Votes
    2 Posts

Not AWS specific but maybe this is what you're looking for? Should be able to get you there.

Hell's bells... No clue why that link a'la old school markdown syntax is broken. Try this:

https://docs.nodebb.org/installing/os/ubuntu/

• best OS for NodeBB

Technical Support
    0 Votes
    15 Posts
    4k Views

In this time I have run Nodebb on /Debian8/Arch/Ubuntu16/ and all runs perfect especially I liked work on arch cuz in arch very small load on ram and nodebb work faster/ but I have problem with plugin , they disappear))) when I install new plugin another plugin was lost and delete himself/ I have this problem on arch and Debian 8 / and only on Ubuntu 16 all work perfect, but Ubuntu have many processes on System wich load common system/

• 0 Votes
    1 Posts

Since some weeks, possibly after upgrading to 1.4.5 the modemailer causes nodebb to restart.
    Does anybody else have that problem?

Here are the log entries:

27/4 06:36:52 [19664] - error: TypeError: this.message.messageId is not a function at MailComposer.compile (/home/forum/nodebb/node_modules/nodemailer/node_modules/mailcomposer/lib/mailcomposer.js:90:18) at module.exports (/home/forum/nodebb/node_modules/nodemailer/node_modules/mailcomposer/lib/mailcomposer.js:7:35) at Nodemailer.<anonymous> (/home/forum/nodebb/node_modules/nodemailer/lib/nodemailer.js:286:24) at Nodemailer._processPlugins (/home/forum/nodebb/node_modules/nodemailer/lib/nodemailer.js:352:16) at Nodemailer.sendMail (/home/forum/nodebb/node_modules/nodemailer/lib/nodemailer.js:280:10) at Object.Emailer.sendViaFallback (/home/forum/nodebb/src/emailer.js:136:21) at /home/forum/nodebb/src/emailer.js:114:14 at fn (/home/forum/nodebb/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:746:34) at /home/forum/nodebb/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:1213:16 at /home/forum/nodebb/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:166:37 at /home/forum/nodebb/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:706:43 at /home/forum/nodebb/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:167:37 at Immediate.<anonymous> (/home/forum/nodebb/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:1206:34) at runCallback (timers.js:666:20) at tryOnImmediate (timers.js:639:5) at processImmediate [as _immediateCallback] (timers.js:611:5) 27/4 06:36:52 [19664] - info: [app] Shutdown (SIGTERM/SIGINT) Initialised.
  • 0 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views

@thanhtantran you might just want to copy the mongo database directly. Using nodebb-backup is probably missing some of the newer db keys. Look at the docs for backup in the upgrades to get an idea as to how to do the mongodump

• 0 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views

Hello @julian,

After I've updated to the latest commits. This issue resolved now. Thanks for your help.