Scheduled downtime for our community

• Admin

Hey all - we'll be doing some maintenance to the community server today at 3PM EST. The forum will be down for hopefully just a few minutes - up to an hour at most.

We've been running this website on a shared server with five other websites (wordpress, ghost, and another NodeBB forum) on a single core 512MB box. It's about time we upgraded our "potato" (as @baris keeps calling it) to something a bit more powerful, and hopefully you can see a noticeable speed increase in page loading times.

Subscribers on our SaaS platform will be completely unaffected by this. Sorry for the inconvenience!

• Anime Lovers

Cool, it will be nice to see how fast this forum can be with more power behind it.

• Interested to see what kind of potato you upgrade to. Baked potato with sour cream and cheese sounds great. A while back I benchmarked the speed of NodeBB vs competitors, and it faired well even from the 512MB box (but later it got much slower actually):

• Anime Lovers

@Kamal-Patel said:

Interested to see what kind of potato you upgrade to. Baked potato with sour cream and cheese sounds great. A while back I benchmarked the speed of NodeBB vs competitors, and it faired well even from the 512MB box (but later it got much slower actually):

Don't forget the bacon.

• Admin

but later it got much slower actually

It really depends, the community is usually run on pretty edge builds so sometimes we might run into a performance hiccup or two.

Baked potato with sour cream and cheese

I was thinking about a poutine instead 😛

• I was thinking about a poutine instead 😛

I've been watching "Chopped: Canada" on the food network recently. No poutine! It's like they're ashamed or something 😞

• Admin

@Kamal-Patel Oh, you made that topic eh?

Please edit it so the link to NodeBB actually points to NodeBB 😄

• @julian Oh noez, now I can't reproduce a load time of 1.2 seconds! If I can get it below 2.0 seconds, I'll change the link. Or I could link to a different node forum. They're all baseline fast I believe?

• Community Rep

@psychobunny Poutine is amazing. I only found one place in San Diego that had it (where I was introduced to it, actually), and then I found two more places around Chicago. Speaking of French / Canadian dishes, is it true that Kraft Mac and cheese is as popular there as I'm told it is?

• Admin

is it true that Kraft Mac and cheese is as popular there as I'm told it is?

KD is basically every bachelor / student's meal 3 times a day in Canada. Either that or ramen 😛

• Admin

Dunno about you, but when I was a student, I had chicken fingers and coke daily 😛

• Admin

Lavish. 😁

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.