New Mobile Menus (again) and New Emoji Plugin
Hi, we're currently testing a couple prerelease improvements on this forum.
New Mobile Menus
A few months I announced that I was working on new mobile menus for Persona. Well, today I'm here to announce that I think the brand new, from scratch slideout menu library, named Pulling, has been released. I've updated the theme on this forum to use this new library, which includes a few upgrades:
- Two slideout menus, one side being the navigation and notifications, and the other holding chats
- Unread chats count shows up on the chat menu button
- Main menu now appears on the left side, following the convention set by android, etc
- Enable switching the sides the menus appear on, if you want the old behavior, go to your user settings, and enable "Switch which side each mobile menu is on" *
- Switched to drawer menus instead of the previous reveal style menus
One thing I'm currently investigating is the grey overlay above the content while the menu is open. Let me know how you like it.
.* this is a client-side setting, so if you have multiple devices, you'll have to do it on each
New Emoji Plugin
Inspired by nodebb-plugin-emoji-extended, which hasn't been updated in a long time, I've been working over the past few months on a from-scratch successor to nodebb-plugin-emoji.
- Build emoji packs for less server load
- Improve search by using more metadata and a fuzzy-finder
- Support emoji sprites and emoji fonts
- Use unicode emoji characters as fallback
- Only load emoji from one category at a time in the emoji dialog
- Convert unicode characters into emoji from emoji packs
So native emoji keyboards will work the same as the emoji v2 one
- Convert ascii patterns like
:)into emoji like
- Custom emoji support built into the main plugin
The purpose of this post is to ask for your feedback. Please try out the new mobile menus and emoji functionality, and let us know what you think. If you find any bugs, let us know. Thanks!
- Emoji plugin messes up links when ascii parsing is enabled (thought they still link correctly): https://google.com
- Menu not opening sometimes
phit last edited by
Emoji menu doesn't open with FF59
It does for me on 59.0a1, try refreshing again?
phit last edited by
already cleared cache, also it seems to mess up links https://google.com
Yep I know. You're the fourth person to notice haha
@phit that error should be fixed now. Try it out.
tyaqing last edited by
This post is deleted!