Edit system template

• Hey,

I set up nodeBB v1.5.2 with MongoDB & Redis behind Cloudflare (just fyi).

I would like to edit the existing template account/edit.tpl.
    For this I tried editing the build/public/templates/account/edit.tpl but the template is getting resetted every time reloading nodeBB.
    I assume, the build directory gets generated every time the system reloads.

The second attempt was to change the edit.tpl in src/views/account/edit.tpl but the same effect as above occured. (I also tried deleting the file build/public/templates/account/edit.tpl)

Nontheless, new files in src/views/... like src/views/account/edit/custom.tpl will get applied to build/public/templates/... after restarting.

Which is the correct way to edit existing templates in nodeBB?

Thanks a lot!

What I've tried (overview)

• edit build/public/templates/account/edit.tpl > nope
    • edit src/views/account/edit.tpl > nope
    • delete build/public/templates/account/edit.tpl & edit src/views/account/edit.tpl > nope

• Global Moderator

You probably want to edit account/edit.tpl for whichever theme you're using. For instance, if you're using persona, it would be node_modules/nodebb-theme-persona/templates/account/edit.tpl.

Be aware, these changes will be overwritten whenever persona is updated. The most correct way is to create a child theme of persona and make your template changes there, but that is more complicated.

• Oh! My bad that I haven't thought of this... I'll try it out.

Thanks for the fast response! 🙂

• Works like a charm, thanks again!

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.