Pictures not well-arranged automaticlly

• Hello guys,

I found nodebb can not arrange the pictures decently automatically. Let's just try to insert a pic: 0_1494308640868_2017-05-03 20-32-09屏幕截图.png then we type something. then we insert another pics: 0_1494308694746_2017-05-09 13-44-44屏幕截图.png Then we type something.

Lets see the results.

• see?

Pictures and text are not well-arranged.

A simple fix approach is to automaticlly insert the pictures in a new line, and add a blank line after it

• Global Moderator

Are you suggesting we add code to add flanking lines around images? I don't see the purpose of doing so since we have a live preview and people can just add the lines themselves if they don't like how it looks.

• Yes.

The live preview shows it good since the live preview is narrow (only left half of the window). When I post this thread, it is well-arranged in preview. However, it is not well-arranged after I posted it.

This is what we run into with my forum. Many users would like to post pictures. Then I have to edit their posts in every thread.

• This is from preview:
    0_1494312769018_2017-05-09 14-52-22屏幕截图.png

However, please see my post before. It changed.

• Admin

We should follow the approach of other editors and see what they do.

I believe when you drag and drop an image into a Gmail composer, it will insert it inline. That matches our behaviour...

• Well, its just a mild suggestion.
    Most of the cases, users do not upload pictures.
    However, for a certain forum (e.g., my forum), they post lots of pictures. And it should be more user-friendly to arrange pictures automatically with flanking lines. Or, maybe nodebb could add a switch in the system management panel, then let the administrator to choose automatically arrange pics or not.

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.