Errros When Upgrading from v0.7.x to v1.x.x

• Translator

It's been while since I halted my launch of NodeBB website, but I am resuming my work and want to launch my site. NodeBB is the best forum app, and I haven't seen any alternative I can chose my site to use.

As of now, I am way behind... so forgive me if I might have missed any serious announcement that current versions are depending on.

I have currently 0.7.3-dev. I need to get to v1.4.3. I know NodeBB upgrade has to be incremental, but I am not sure how I will do in my case. I started with moving from origin/0.7.x thinking it would get me to the higher version in that branch (is it even correct?) Then...

1. My first obstacle was to know the requirements for the current NodeBB . Obviously not having kept up with the forum discussion is playing its part. If someone can point to how to check that, I will appreciate.
    2. After turning off my website (./nodebb stop) I tried to upgrade following instructions on the documentation site. Then the first thing I noticed in the error message was that I my Nodejs was very old. So, I updated NPM to v4.2.0 and Nodejs to 7.4.0. Was this an appropriate move for NodeBB v1.4.3, by the way?
    3. Then when I retried to upgrade, I got errors that I couldn't understand:
    $ ./nodebb upgrade
    1. Bringing base dependencies up to date... 
    Error: Command failed: /usr/bin/env npm i --production
    npm ERR! fetch failed https://registrytwo.npmjs.com/concat-map/-/concat-map-0.0.1.tgz
    npm WARN retry will retry, error on last attempt: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 54.68.99.191:443
    npm ERR! fetch failed https://registrytwo.npmjs.com/concat-map/-/concat-map-0.0.1.tgz
    npm WARN retry will retry, error on last attempt: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 54.68.99.191:443
    npm ERR! Linux 3.13.0-57-generic
    npm ERR! argv "/usr/local/bin/node" "/usr/local/bin/npm" "i" "--production"
    npm ERR! node v7.4.0
    npm ERR! npm  v4.0.5
    npm ERR! code ECONNREFUSED
    npm ERR! errno ECONNREFUSED
    npm ERR! syscall connect

npm ERR! Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 54.68.99.191:443
    npm ERR!     at Object.exports._errnoException (util.js:1022:11)
    npm ERR!     at exports._exceptionWithHostPort (util.js:1045:20)
    npm ERR!     at TCPConnectWrap.afterConnect [as oncomplete] (net.js:1090:14)
    npm ERR!  { Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 54.68.99.191:443
    npm ERR!     at Object.exports._errnoException (util.js:1022:11)
    npm ERR!     at exports._exceptionWithHostPort (util.js:1045:20)
    npm ERR!     at TCPConnectWrap.afterConnect [as oncomplete] (net.js:1090:14)
    npm ERR!   code: 'ECONNREFUSED',
    npm ERR!   errno: 'ECONNREFUSED',
    npm ERR!   syscall: 'connect',
    npm ERR!   address: '54.68.99.191',
    npm ERR!   port: 443 }
    npm ERR! 
    npm ERR! If you are behind a proxy, please make sure that the
    npm ERR! 'proxy' config is set properly.  See: 'npm help config'

Can anyone help with understanding what went wrong? Currently, I can't even restart my website.

• Global Moderator

@Zig.gy you're getting errors from npm. It appears that is may be an issue with proxy settings or something. https://github.com/npm/npm/issues/14226

HuysentruytRuben created this issue in npm/npm

closed Error: connect ECONNREFUSED #14226

• Translator

@PitaJ , Thank you for your reply. It looks like the other person had to unistall npm then install it. Right?

My issue is which version of npm will I have to install then if I uninstall the latest version I have? Because I am still running NodeBB v0.7.3-dev, and yesterday I upgraded Nodejs to a higher version as I've mentioned in my top post.

• Global Moderator

@Zig.gy so to be safe you should probably roll back your version of Node to v0.12 and npm to v2. That's what those older versions of NodeBB ran on.

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.