[nodebb-plugin-session-sharing] how to install?

• Hi there, i have installed this plugin to bring my current userbase into a nodebb-forum.

anyways, in the admin-area its shown as activated. but everytime when i start nodebb following error occurs:

[session-sharing] JWT Secret not found, session sharing disabled.

i looked up where it fires this error. its in library.js at line 364. seems like it tries to look inside /NodeBB/src/meta/settings.js for a "session-sharing" object?

my node-server and nodebb are running locally. i have already figured out how to deliver a cookie between those different instances.

did i messed something up in the setup, or do i have to additionally paste some things to specific places?

• Global Moderator

@Pav check the acp for a session sharing settings page under the plugins section.

• yep, i think there is the problem. because the plugin didn't moved the needed templates into the template-directory. the plugin itself contains all the needed templates and functions, but at the wrong place, so nodebb don't access them?

here is how my admin-control-panel looks like and the consol-output when i click on "Session Sharing":
    0_1485320364083_acp-session-sharing.png

when i move the template myself into the needed directory, it will show up but stay without functionality 😞 😰

• Global Moderator

@Pav run ./nodebb stop && ./nodebb build && ./nodebb start and try again

• yeaj it did the job! now i'm feeling stupid lol. thank you so much! @PitaJ

plugin work fine so far. great that you guys build something like this!

Star

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.