how to use own smiley pack

• We made for our NodeBB a smiley pack. How do we use them?

• Community Rep

You can start by taking a look at nodebb emoji plugins.

Actually, I don't know if this has been tried yet but have you seen a way (pluginor otherwise) that would allow users to upload custom emojis at all? @julian @PitaJ

• If I've understood things correctly, you have to activate the emoji-extended plugin, then the emoji-static plugin.

Once you restart your Nodebb, you should seen under Plugins > an emoji static option.

There you'll find a help file to tell you how to set up your own pack.

You have to create an index.json file.

Nevertheless, I'm trying it out now, but I can get it to work...

• Admin

You'll probably want to check out how emoji packs are installed... but I do believe emoji-extended supports custom uploaded emoji.

@frissdiegurke ?

• Yes you're right and I've solved my issues by understanding that emojis don't work while in Maintenance mode and that both spoiler plugin (the ns-spoiler or the webmaster one) messes up the emojis.

• GNU/Linux

@julian said in how to use own smiley pack:

You'll probably want to check out how emoji packs are installed... but I do believe emoji-extended supports custom uploaded emoji.

@frissdiegurke ?

It's pretty much what @TaLoche said. emoji-static plugin in addition to emoji-extended. This allows you to specify custom emoji sets that need to be activated within emoji-extended plugin page.

Since @MJ upvoted that post, is the question solved for you?

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.