3 Posts
    P

Are you in vacations?

• Background color

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    barisB

The current dark grey isn't bad actually.

• Blog post re NodeBB

2 Votes
    8 Posts
    3k Views
    SteveS

That's a very good write up Steve, you should be in marketing if your not already 😮

LOL I have been for 15+ years now. Mostly corporate/tech companies helping roll out products/services/promotions. Always liked getting involved with the design so I learned photoshop, illustrator, indesign, etc. along the way. Now i'm working out of my house freelancing.

oh cool haha. meanwhile all three of us are out-and-out programmers with no idea on how to market anything 😛

Been down that road before. Just like programming, marketing is a process. When you guys get to that point of wanting help the 4 of us can all jump on a call and see where it goes.

• Resetting reloading tpl files

0 Votes
    11 Posts
    4k Views
    julianJ

error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by merge:
    public/templates/footer.tpl

@pablo_macaluso - Read the errors carefully - git is telling you exactly what is wrong!

If the language seems cryptic, google it, don't just blindly assume linux commands worked 🙂

• Need some help please

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    3k Views
    SteveS

@julian
    these all related to ubntu not centos.
    @Outlawedoffroad
    also this topic not perfect for CentOS, you are using ubntu too...

and the link on github is not working...
    Installing NodeBB on CentOS

it should be fixed and should be step by step as for another tutorials are their.
    and why not make a compatible auto install for cpanel. IMO most of people use cPANEL and one click nodebb install would be amazing.

Actually all but the last 3-4 posts in my thread are 100% CentOS. It was not until after I spent countless hours trying to make it work I realized that I am not going to risk my 2 live forums on a development site. So I plunked down the 5 bucks and opened a Digital Ocean account to get rid of the headache.

I got it up and running almost exactly how I wanted it. But in the end the proxy issues presented when I have 2 live forums on the same server was more hassle than value so I moved the NodeBB site to ubuntu for the ease of use since it's what the developers are using here.

There is no "easy guide" yet, you have to put in a little work. Feel free to use any info in my thread to write up a CentOS guide for other users 🙂

• This topic is deleted!

0 Votes
    1 Posts
  • This topic is deleted!

0 Votes
    1 Posts
  • Community revamp

2 Votes
    8 Posts
    2k Views
    S

Hehe - maybe he's talking about the theme.

You can still access try.nodebb.org, it'll just transparently redirect to community.nodebb.org.

when I came on this morning it just hang but I guessed what you had done so just googled you to get back here.

• 0 Votes
    80 Posts
    42k Views
    SteveS

every problem I post, is another search engine nugget someone may need down the road...

you're welcome 🙂

• Duplicate NodeBB

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    T

I don't know any french nodejs community, but I will spread the word.

• Importing vbulletin to NodeBB possible

0 Votes
    20 Posts
    12k Views
    P

wow awesome! 🙂 congrats

• Ggggrrrrrrrr

0 Votes
    9 Posts
    3k Views
    SteveS

seems ok other than the site is constantly dropping and i'm powering the server over and over to reset it.. frustrating but i'll figure it out

• Favicons

0 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views
    S

Hey @StuartH: https://github.com/designcreateplay/NodeBB/issues/643

Just FYI - we're working on allowing you to be able to upload your favicon yourself.

cool ok 🙂

• 0 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    R

OK, get it.

I used the same port for NodeBB and Redis.

• Update vanila theme

0 Votes
    18 Posts
    4k Views
    julianJ

You may have to wait for @baris to come in, if you're still missing your category icons, as he was the one who updated try.nodebb.org yesterday, as I was unavailable.

• Changing username

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    1k Views
    SteveS

So I'm not even planning on using the off road site right now on NodeBB I'm going to focus 100% on Dad Forums for now..

When I signed up I used Twitter for the sake of testing it out but I'd rather just be Steve which is my name and how I post just about everywhere.

• Where did this come from

0 Votes
    10 Posts
    3k Views
    SteveS

Funny how that works out. Originally, this forum was just supposed to be an empty test forum, but it just ended up evolving into a community 🙂

Did you think we would not ask questions @julian??? 🙂 If you build it... they will come!

Next is for us to build community / admin / whatever third party sites that are just for NodeBB users like all the other forum and community apps have!

• Ancient beast

0 Votes
    14 Posts
    4k Views
    S

@dread knight when you release the next version next week you could post information about it on clanhubcommunity.com with screenies or video of game-play if you want.

• Learning nodejs

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    SteveS

Thanks for the info, I feel this is going to take some time:D

Nothing is overnight, especially something like this which really does require a bit more general knowledge and understanding compared to the plug and play cookie cutter forums out there.

If you love the UI and concept behind NodeBB early is the best time to jump on board so you can learn and understand the new features as they roll out 🙂 Hey I run a bunch of vb forums and this is like a totally new experience for me. Put the time in and you'll get out of it what you're looking for.