• @jarey Hey, well the issues happened after I restarted the forum. I had upgraded to 1.1.12 a couple days earlier (didn't restart after the upgrade). All users immediately started reporting that every post said it was deleted when they entered a topic. The posts became visible again after I deactivated the plugin. I, as admin, could read every post, however when I used my test account all the posts were saying deleted. This is the only plugin I had to disable for the topics to become visible again.

Here are the plugins we use that are active:

nodebb-plugin-cards
    nodebb-plugin-colors
    nodebb-plugin-composer-default
    nodebb-plugin-custom-pages
    nodebb-plugin-emailer-mailgun
    nodebb-plugin-emoji-exodo
    nodebb-plugin-emoji-extended
    nodebb-plugin-iframely
    nodebb-plugin-imgur
    nodebb-plugin-katex
    nodebb-plugin-markdown
    nodebb-plugin-mentions
    nodebb-plugin-ns-spoiler
    nodebb-plugin-poll
    nodebb-plugin-registration-notification
    nodebb-plugin-solr
    nodebb-plugin-soundpack-default
    nodebb-plugin-spam-be-gone
    nodebb-rewards-essentials
    nodebb-theme-persona
    nodebb-widget-essentials

• @torn2 will have a look at it, i will let you know if i can replicate it.

Thank you.

• I have this same issue, I am on version v1.3.0. I have had to disable the plugin for now.

Thanks

Ted

• @jarey Any update on this issue? If I activate this plugin all regular (non-admin or moderator) users get "This post is deleted!", people are starting to leave my forum after arguments erupt as they can't deal with each other in a civil manner 😞

• Upgraded to 1.4.2, same issue, just so you know.

Cheers

Ted

• You can correct this by changing the line (about 42) in the library.js in the plugin folder

from...

if (p.deleted && !(privi[0].isAdminOrMod || p.selfPost)) {

to...

if (p.deleted === 1 && !(privi[0].isAdminOrMod || p.selfPost)) {

Hope that helps

Thanks

Ted

• @tedbaker said in This post is deleted!:

You can correct this by changing the line (about 42) in the library.js in the plugin folder

from...

if (p.deleted && !(privi[0].isAdminOrMod || p.selfPost)) {

to...

if (p.deleted === 1 && !(privi[0].isAdminOrMod || p.selfPost)) {

Hope that helps

Thanks

Ted

Thank you very much @tedbaker. Since i couldn't replicate the issue it hasn't be fixed yet. I will publish just today your fix after testing ( doesn't seem that your change will broke anything so it looks great to me).

Again thanks for the contribution.

• @jarey No probs. I would have figured it out sooner if i could get my local install to behave itself, had to use the server one and figure out some sort of logging using winston 🙂

• @tedbaker versión 1.1.13 has been just pushed to npm (it should be available right now). Thanks again.

pinging @torn2 to let him know of the available new version fixing the problem.

PS: 3 little bugs pending of resolution if anyone want to contribute with PR: https://github.com/exo-do/nodebb-plugin-ignore-users/issues

• @jarey This fixed the issue! Thanks.

Suggested Topics

| |