Ask for Suggestions: Add topic fields, visualize them

• Hi guys,

I took the question-and-answer plugin, modified slightly and now I can "search" for the topics that Admins set as "Official" (like "Questions").

Now I would like to add these topic some fields (predefined), what I thought are these two ways:

1. that on topic's post/save, a form would appear (in an emoji "chooser" way) and after filling it could definitely be saved.
    2. if the topic is "Official" in the topic tools a button is showed as "Set fields", and then same as above.

Now my question are:

• how can I make the form "appear" in the "emoji chooser way"?
    • In case I would like to do the first way, how can I "avoid" the post to be submitted before the form is filled?

Also, which hook should I look for to add these field well displayed after the title in the topic view?

Thanks a lot,
    Luigi

• In the end I decided for the second way, I used bootstrap modal: creating one with jQuery from string after click in the "topic tool button".

Now my only question is:

which hook should I look to add these field well displayed after the title in the topic view?

• Global Moderator

@Giggiux Can you sketch out what exactly you mean with regard to the positioning of the data?

which hook should I look to add these field well displayed after the title in the topic view?

There are a lot of ways to do this. The way a lot of people do it is adding some kind of markup in the post body and parsing that into an HTML element inside filter:parse.post.

• @PitaJ I think I found a way, I use client-side on 'action:ajaxify.end': components.get('topic').append(html) where html is the parsed (by jQuery) element I want to show.

If there is a way to do that server side instead of client side, I would really appreciate if you let me know 😂

And also I don't really get how can I understand what every hook method takes as parameters, when I click on one of them in the hooks list on GitHub, it just show me a line of code, and I don't get what that line means (for example in filters:parse.post goes where there is an if statement, what that means?)

Star

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.