Write api inserting/updating tags doesn't work

• Hi guys,

so the thing is everything was working with the write api so far, topics,posts etc., but I can't insert/update a post to add tags into it. I'm trying to solve this problem all day because I thought it's an issue in my code at first but it seems that it's a bug.

I've tried:

• /topics POST inserting the cid,title,content,tags(and yes It's an array)(only the topic showed up with all the data except tags, with no error),

• /topics PUT with pid,content and tags(again no error and no tags, the content was updated)

• /posts PUT:pid with content,tags (again content was updated, still no tags,no errors)

I'm on NodeBB version v1.1.2.

Thanks in advance!

• Admin

@Tilen-Štraus Confirmed working, can you please post your cURL statement to debug?

Perhaps you can compare with mine :smile:

curl localhost:4567/api/v1/topics -H "Authorizatin: Bearer my-token" -X POST --data "title=test%20api%20topic&content=test%20content&cid=1&tags[]=one%20tag&tags[]=two%20tags"

• Thank you for the quick answer @julian!
    I've tried your curl code and it works fine. The problem was that i've been using the wrong property('tags' instead of 'tags[]'). Now i'm getting a new problem when inserting an array [LJAVA.LANG.OBJECT@695575B6. Does he expect something else instead of the array? Here is my code for better understanding:

var sub_cat_id = "146"
    var t_title = "test title"
    var t_content = "TESTESTESTESTEST";
    var cars = new Array("Saab", "Volvo", "BMW");

var headers = {"Authorization" : "Bearer XXX"};
    var url = 'XX/api/v1/topics/';
    var data = {'cid' : sub_cat_id,
    'title' : t_title,
    'content' : t_content,
    'tags[]' : cars
    };

var options = {
    'method': 'post',
    'headers': headers,
    'payload': data
    };
    var response = UrlFetchApp.fetch(url, options);
    Logger.log(response);

I just tried almost everything :smiley: JSON.stringify-gives only one tag with all of the values in the array. I srsly don't know what to do :disappointed: .

Thank you again.

• Look at this js example:
    var settings = {
    "async": true,
    "crossDomain": true,
    "url": "http://./api/v1/topics/18/tags",
    "method": "POST",
    "headers": {
    "authorization": "Bearer ",
    "cache-control": "no-cache",
    "content-type": "application/x-www-form-urlencoded"
    },
    "data": {
    "tags[]": [
    "closed",
    "test"
    ]
    }
    }

$.ajax(settings).done(function (response) {
    console.log(response);
    });

2 things to consider:

1. content-type
    2. tools to transform array to querystring - in my case jQuery will transform it to this - tags%5B%5D=closed&tags%5B%5D=test

• Works now, i had to JSON.stringify()the data variable, set te contentType to "contentType" : "application/json" and 'tags[]' to 'tags'.

Thank you all for helping :)

• Admin

@Tilen-Štraus Glad you got it working, and thank you for sharing your solution for others who may run into the same trouble :smile:

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.