Windows Server 2012 Problem (AGAIN)
I think it's related to this change: https://github.com/NodeBB/NodeBB/commit/aac0313f2eb87123347c5925a134adcd57fb869e
In here the universally slashes are replaced by OS defaults which seems to cause the windows related errors. I'll check out later if there is no similar open issue and otherwise I'll open one.
@JasperNL Are you sure this is the commit? Does it work fine if you use the commit before it?
I'm not completely sure. The only observation that I made is that it worked fine with v1.1.0 and not with v1.1.2, and that it has to do with file path names. (Presumably tomorrow or in 2 days) I will take a look at the version before and after this commit and test if it's causing the bug then.
I'll post my results as soon as they are there!
- Checkout the eventually wrong commit
npm install nodebb setup nodebb upgrade nodebb start
- Refresh page.
- Remove profile cover picture
- Add profile cover picture
- If it remains white (and thus backslashes in background-image at the inspection view): Error; Otherwise: no error.
- commit aac0313f2eb87123347c5925a134adcd57fb869e has the bug described above.
- commit 22e73b925f16d5eb9d223121291ae437ba427faf has the error too! (Edit: no it has not)
- commit ff4fd8cf9523e09a5957f0b55c15d5980d02aa7d works fine.
- commit 84025fa7fc17807c8d9d00b0b298611a86a8101b works fine. (roughly 2 steps left according to git bisect)
- commit c00905035e5f8049881622f337b8741c7cd6c228 works fine.
- commit b0c55c86ed994edbf2270d3a539af460ad871e7c works fine. This confuses me. The translator bot apparantly destroyed it? That makes no sense at all. I'll try the version of the translate bot again...
- commit 22e73b925f16d5eb9d223121291ae437ba427faf has no error (I probably didn't do nodebb stop before updating, or it's something stupid like this :|)
22e73b925f16d5eb9d223121291ae437ba427faf Is ok;
aac0313f2eb87123347c5925a134adcd57fb869e Is not ok;
I hope this helps Please leave me a message when you need additional information.