Composer lagging

• Gamers

Hello !

I have problem my composer lagging when there is a lot of text.

Forum: CsWild.pl
    Test account:
    Login: test
    Password: 123456

• Admin

Seems OK to me. On desktop Windows/Chrome. Pasted a giant JS file into your composer and then started modifying it, no visible lag.

• I am running into something similar now actually. It looks like the composer is failing to load in some situations. The plus icon appears in the corner but I never get the composer. Seems to be only after upgrading to 1.1.1 though.

• Admin

Any errors in the browser console? Can you reproduce it here, as this is latest as well

(Also, what OS/browser + is it reproducible on other browsers as well, etc)

• @psychobunny said in Composer lagging:

Any errors in the browser console? Can you reproduce it here, as this is latest as well

Nope, this is working wonderfully here.

Chrome 52 x64
    Windows 10 AU x64

Made a test user for you if you can try and repro:
    www.gamingexodus.com
    User: test_user
    Password: 3*#c4&Hj$%Pa*mP3qF

Error in my browser console:

Navigated to https://gamingexodus.com/
    Uncaught ReferenceError: screenfull is not defined
    composer.js?v=ec924c51-a24c-4316-9fdc-1d0be39ae9a2:23 Uncaught ReferenceError: screenfull is not defined
    composer.enhance @ composer.js?v=ec924c51-a24c-4316-9fdc-1d0be39ae9a2:23
    (anonymous function) @ composer.js?v=ec924c51-a24c-4316-9fdc-1d0be39ae9a2:26
    (anonymous function) @ nodebb.min.js?ec924c51-a24c-4316-9fdc-1d0be39ae9a2:24
    l @ nodebb.min.js?ec924c51-a24c-4316-9fdc-1d0be39ae9a2:1
    fireWith @ nodebb.min.js?ec924c51-a24c-4316-9fdc-1d0be39ae9a2:1
    T @ nodebb.min.js?ec924c51-a24c-4316-9fdc-1d0be39ae9a2:3
    i @ nodebb.min.js?ec924c51-a24c-4316-9fdc-1d0be39ae9a2:3

The NodeBB log shows:

[minifier] file not found, node_modules/nodebb-plugin-composer-default/node_modules/screenfull/dist/screenfull.js

• [minifier] file not found, node_modules/nodebb-plugin-composer-default/node_modules/screenfull/dist/screenfull.js

For that error, the file definitely does not exist. It looks like it might be looking in the wrong folder?

• Admin

This might be a silly question, but you did run npm i after upgrading to pull the latest composer right?

• @psychobunny Hmm, I didn't. I thought the nodebb --upgrade pulled all the latest. I don't see any available upgrades for plugins. Let me give that a go though.

Also, that should be added to the upgrade doc if it is required ;)

• Admin

./nodebb upgrade does both node app --upgrade and npm i - I'm pretty sure that's in the docs. Hope that worked for you.

• Plugin & Theme Dev

works fine on my installation after upgrade. screenfull was installed as part of composer plugin update when I ran ./nodebb upgrade

• @psychobunny said in Composer lagging:

This might be a silly question, but you did run npm i after upgrading to pull the latest composer right?

I ran npm i, no warnings or errors were returned, then did a restart of NodeBB via the admin console. Issue persists. Same error in the Chrome console as well.

Upgrade steps I took (edited to show I did the right commands):

sudo service nodebb stop
    cd /path/to/forums
    git fetch
    git reset --hard origin/v1.x.x
    ./nodebb upgrade
    sudo service nodebb start

• Admin

./nodebb upgrade , not ./nodebb --upgrade :P

• Plugin & Theme Dev

@teh_g ./nodebb --upgrade?

• @pichalite said in Composer lagging:

@psychobunny said in Composer lagging:

The docs say ./nodebb upgrade. I did get output from the command without the '--'. I will run it with it again though.

• @teh_g said in Composer lagging:

@pichalite said in Composer lagging:

@psychobunny said in Composer lagging:

The docs say ./nodebb upgrade. I did get output from the command without the '--'. I will run it with it again though.

It actually errors if you do --upgrade!

Ignore this, I did the right thing in the first place.

• Plugin & Theme Dev

@teh_g yes, coz it's not valid

@teh_g yes, coz it's not valid

I promise I know how to read. I did nodebb upgrade. I just misread your post. It has been a long day of meetings and not enough coffee.

As far as I can tell, everything is upgraded happily. I do see the ./node_modules/screenfull/dist/screenfull.js file. The only interesting thing is the error in the logs is looking under node_modules/nodebb-plugin-composer-default/node_modules/screenfull/dist/screenfull.js

• Plugin & Theme Dev

@teh_g what's your npm version?

@teh_g what's your npm version?

$ npm -v
    $ node --version
    v6.3.1

• Plugin & Theme Dev

@teh_g that's the problem right there... npm v3 installs dependencies in the root node_modules directory. Composer is looking for the file in it's own node_modules directory.

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.