Does NodeBB hang when you have multiple tabs open?

• Maybe I am doing something seriously wrong, but it looks like whenever I have multiple tabs open (of same nodebb session), it hangs.

It happens consistently and I was wondering if this is a bug or if I'm doing something wrong.

I am guessing this is caused by a websocket error. Basically the page loads to about 70% (the top loading indicator goes up to 70%) and stops. See below for screenshot.

0_1469843400363_Screen Shot 2016-07-29 at 9.46.32 PM.png

If this is an existing bug I think it's pretty serious since I know a lot of people open multiple tabs without thinking much. In my case I would just type in my forum url whenever I want to view posts, I never bother to find the tab that's already open, and I'm sure a lot of others do so too. For these people it would appear as though the site is down, since the site never loads. Even as a developer it took me quite a while to realize that it was the websocket error that's causing this (after opening up the console)

To reproduce:

1. Open the main forum url
    2. Open a couple of new tabs and open the forum url.
    3. Try to visit any of the links. Watch as it stops loading at around 70%, and when you open the dev console you'll see the websocket error.

• Community Rep

On this forum? What browser and OS are you using?

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.