Maintenance Mode

• I would like to get a cuestom pic for maintenance mode, but i dont see how, please help me

• GNU/Linux

If you're using nginx there is a sample configuration in the docs.

• @J3lly I believe when in maintenance mode the system loads a 503 page from public/templates/503.tpl. You may consider modifying that document but I also believe that it would be overwritten with a NodeBB upgrade.

• Plugin & Theme Dev

@rod anythig in public/templates will be replaced every time you reload/restart NodeBB. Don't change it there. The actual source file is in /src/views/503.tpl

@J3lly you need to stash and pop the changes to that file every time you upgrade NodeBB.

• @pichalite said in Maintenance Mode:

@rod anythig in public/templates will be replaced every time you reload/restart NodeBB. Don't change it there. The actual source file is in /src/views/503.tpl

Those two files are so different! When I look at src/views/503.tpl I see a very minimal shell but when I look at public/503.tpl it is vastly different. Where does the rest of the content come from between the source and the final product?

Thank you.

• Plugin & Theme Dev

@rod the file directly under public is a html file not a tpl file public/503.html. this is displayed when the server returns a 503 error.

The page displayed when the forum is set in maintenance mode is under public/templates. this is generated from src/views/503.tpl and is not an error... just a message saying that the admin has disabled access to the forum.

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.