High performance stack

• This is a really fantastic tutorial!

Let me just add an tip for NodeBB.

@AOKP said:

git clone https://github.com/letsencrypt/letsencrypt
    cd letsencrypt
    ./letsencrypt-auto --help
    ./letsencrypt-auto certonly --webroot -w /home/web/mysite.com/public_html -d mysite.com -d www.mysite.com

Here a best place for -w will be nodebb/public.

./letsencrypt-auto certonly --webroot -w /<Your_NodeBB_Directory>/public -d mysite.com -d www.mysite.com

NodeBB will server a file which letsencrypt put locally into the public directory.
    ( Of course I assume that one has set a web server correctly and the forum is accessable from internet )

• @qgp9 I do not advice doing that. Not that it is wrong, but as we are using this on the whole site and NodeBB is in the above case installed in a sub folder, I would put it into public_html, which is our main directory, but in the end it depends on your overall folder structure anyway. Yet I need to mention that putting the .well_known folder somewhere else requires an additional edit in the NGINX config.

• @AOKP I understand your points but like this forum, I believe usually people use the NodeBB with a root of a url and it is actually where a letsencrypt server checks.
    ( Even, from NodeBB document ( maybe ), serving of NodeBB with subfolder is not well tested or considered ( again even though I'm doing it 🙂 ))

Now, if NodeBB is serving a root folder, that means public_html doesn't work.
    Of course, one can unlink a proxy to NodeBB and restart a websever to serve public_html and get a certificate and re-link a proxy and restart webserver but it's complicate.

Nevertheless , I totally understand and mostly agree your points and way.

1. If one serves NodeBB with sub-folder, what I said is just a bullshit. agree.
    2. with root, there are pros and cons and I fully accepts benefit of that complicate but clean way. mostly agree 🙂

• Admin

The quality of tutorials as of late created in this new category has been outstanding. Good work 🙂

• @psychobunny its the best you can get out of markdown. Actually I would have liked to use the first post as "index table" instead. And reserve myself the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th post for the instructions instead.

Just as a general note:
    The composer is buggy, when having a preview picture of the URL. In general I would remove the preview picture as the favicon preview is already nice enough.

• Giving this a bump.

Anyone up for Tengine?

• This post is deleted!

• this is a great article,
    what about varnish cache ?

• Why would you use 2 databses? ( Mariadb & Mongodb) How would they be used?

• @AnthonyM this article was designed for an actual website with a CMS in front. Imagine if you want to use Ghost. Of course you can use it without MariaDB, but that would be BS.

• Gamers

News?
    Great Guide.
    Can you update the guide with the commands updated (with the new versions of softwares) and improvments ?
    Thanks a lot.

• @master-antonio sorry if I read this after such a long time. But why not? Lets see how well Markdown can be used for docs.

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.