Bug in community?

• Hi, lately I have been troubles loading the forum, it gets stuck like in the screenshot when I click some post or category:

It's not a big deal, however I wanted to report it 🙂

Firefox + Windows 8.1

• Global Moderator

Try clearing your cache etc. Could be an old bug that's been fixed but you're still running an old cached version, any particular pages that do it?

Does it fix itself after a refresh?

• @a_5mith said:

Try clearing your cache etc. Could be an old bug that's been fixed but you're still running an old cached version, any particular pages that do it?

Does it fix itself after a refresh?

It does all the time, for example I had to refresh this webpage. Yes, it always gets fixed after a refresh, that's why it doesn't bother too much I only have to press F5 each time that gets frozen.

I'm going to clear cache + cookies, if it happens again I would post here.

EDIT: yes, it still freezes

I looked in the console to see if there was something important, the last line said "TypeError: can't convert undefined to object"

• Community Rep

Sounds like normal behavior for Firefox!

lol

but really, what version of Firefox? The googles links this page to several issues in the Mozilla bug tracker.

• ./nodebb stop
    npm install
    npm up
    git fetch
    git checkout origin/master
    git merge origin/master
    git pull
    ./nodebb upgrade
    ./nodebb start

• @yariplus I use two, I have to admit that currently I'm using "waterfox" which is a fork compiled in 64 bits. But I check the bug in the standard FF 32 bits for windows

• @lombisi said:

./nodebb stop
    npm install
    npm up
    git fetch
    git checkout origin/master
    git merge origin/master
    git pull
    ./nodebb upgrade
    ./nodebb start

But the problem is with this very forum. I don't know why, I just wanted to know if I am the only one because is it happening from 1-2 months (I used the same computer with FF and I didn't had any problem here)

• Plugin & Theme Dev

@Pixel I have seen it happen. I use Chrome on a Mac. Checked the network tab in chrome inspector and the issue is with the Roboto font. It just keeps waiting for the font to load from gstatic.com

• @pichalite said:

@Pixel I have seen it happen. I use Chrome on a Mac. Checked the network tab in chrome inspector and the issue is with the Roboto font. It just keeps waiting for the font to load from gstatic.com

Mmm? I got this but I don't understand it xD Is it the same issue?

• Plugin & Theme Dev

@Pixel check for anything that's still loading

• @pichalite said:

@Pixel check for anything that's still loading

How can I see that? I thought it was the screenshot that I post in the previous post.. but I don't see anything "loading" in that screenshot

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.