Required markup

• When we're building our custom themes, is there any markup we should be aware of that is required by the JavaScript?

Often I'll remove a class or id only to find a little later that I've broken some functionality.

• Admin

We're attempting to transition to using @psychobunny's "components" system. You'll see parts of it throughout the site, where we used to have class="something", now has component="system/subsystem".

If you find references to a class that serve no purpose, they are probably referenced via theme and/or client-side JS, and should probably be moved to a component.

For this case, I'd file 1 issue with all of the ones you find, not one per issue 😆

• @julian The move to custom data attributes makes complete sense. The only thing I'd point out is their naming (and I think @psychobunny has mentioned this himself in the past). As far as I know, in order for custom data attributes to be valid, they should be prefixed with data-. So for example it should be data-component.

• Admin

Preaching to the choir, buddy. @psychobunny flies by his own rules 😆

I'd code in an update for this, although it's just a matter of finding the time.

• @julian how about running one huge find and replace job? Wait... on second thoughts maybe not ha

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.