NodeBB v0.7.3

• error after upgrade. im using mongo database.

[cluster] Child Process (6671) has exited (code: 0, signal: null)
        at Function.Module._load (module.js:278:25)
        at Module.require (module.js:365:17)
        at require (module.js:384:17)
        at module.init (/root/nodebb/src/database/mongo.js:52:18)
        at /root/nodebb/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:653:23
        at fn (/root/nodebb/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:638:34)
        at Immediate._onImmediate (/root/nodebb/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:554:34)
        at processImmediate [as _immediateCallback] (timers.js:367:17)```

• I have always git pull master, and always has this Error : cannot find module .... I did try .\nodebb upgrade, npm install, but nothing works. Even changing branch git checkout v0.7.2 still showing cannot find module.

The only thing work for me is, to remove all node_modules then install it back. After that, I did npm install redis and connect-redis.

// remove all node_modules
    rm -rf node_modules/

// re-install dependencies
    npm install

// install redis and redis-server
    npm install redis
    npm install connect-redis

• Admin

@fakhrullah Thanks for your feedback 😄 Turns out it was a problem with our invocation of the npm install command, so I've replaced it for v0.7.3, and republished. Hopefully, there should no longer be any future problems!

• Hello,

I tried all @fakhrullah "npm" commands to upgrade 0.7.0 to 0.7.3 : perfect !

Thanks a lot ! 👍

• Love NodeBB, love the new release approach and love the new package policy.

• @drew said:

Love NodeBB, love the new release approach and love the new package policy.

I love NodeBB too, I just search the best GUI for Redis !!!

Regards

• GNU/Linux

@julian said:

If you are a @3rd-Party-Developers, and your plugin does not have nbbpm.compatibility in its package.json, your plugin will no longer appear in ACP/Plugins

Returning from a break and wondering where all those plugins went. xD
    Love it, though.

• Good to know, i am helping. I always afraid to write something, in case i'm wrong. Now I know, I am Genius. 😄

• Hello there,

just upgraded to v0.7.3 first tried

./nodebb stop
    git pull
    ./nodebb upgrade

but was still in v0.7.2 so

./nodebb stop
    git checkout v0.7.3
    ./nodebb upgrade

then start and I'm on V0.7.3 but my homepage is broken is the fefault is to recent with this error

28/8 03:26 [2239] - error: /
     TypeError: Object #<Object> has no method 'recent'
        at Controllers.home (/usr/local/share/nodebb/src/controllers/index.js:45:27)
        at Layer.handle [as handle_request] (/usr/local/share/nodebb/node_modules/express/lib/router/layer.js:95:5)
        at next (/usr/local/share/nodebb/node_modules/express/lib/router/route.js:131:13)
        at /usr/local/share/nodebb/src/middleware/middleware.js:74:3
        at Object.async.each (/usr/local/share/nodebb/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:118:20)
        at middleware.pluginHooks (/usr/local/share/nodebb/src/middleware/middleware.js:70:8)
        at Layer.handle [as handle_request] (/usr/local/share/nodebb/node_modules/express/lib/router/layer.js:95:5)
        at next (/usr/local/share/nodebb/node_modules/express/lib/router/route.js:131:13)
        at middleware.pageView (/usr/local/share/nodebb/src/middleware/middleware.js:62:4)

how can I fix it this point ?
    thanks

also nobebb says last version is v0.8.0 but not found any information on this announcement ? can I safe upgrade ?

• Ok guys, self answer after v0.8.0 upgrade,

I must admit this this the 1st no pain upgrade that I ever done with nodebb (each time took me hours to solve upcoming problems and re install all), but this time, it was a success and solved my previous issue. Here what I've done for interested people

cd /usr/local/share/nodebb
    ./nodebb stop
    cd ..
    cp -r nodebb/ nodebb_old
    cp /var/lib/redis/dump.rdb /var/lib/redis/dump.rdb.bak
    cd nodebb
    git fetch
    git checkout v0.8.x
    git merge origin/v0.8.x #(nothing done already up to date)
    git pull #(nothing done already up to date)
    ./nodebb upgrade
    ./nodebb start

and voila! works fine

• Staff Admin

@Charly86 In those steps you should stop nodebb and then copy the redis dump, so that the changes are saved to the file.

• @baris
    I ever don't know how I missed that one, you're absolutly right 😉 I updated the post according to this error!

• This post is deleted!

Suggested Topics

| |