[nodebb-plugin-calendar] Fully featured calendar plugin for NodeBB - Testers needed

• Hi @pitaj is it working on 1.7.4 ? Cause it doesn't on my forum 😞 I upgraded from 1.5.0 to 1.5.3 then to 1.6.0 then to 1.7.4. Then the calendar wasn't installed at all after the upgrade, I had to install it again, and now when we click on it nothing happen. It just keep waiting.... Please advise.

• Global Moderator

@azeus it's working here for me on v1.7.5, is the calendar plugin included in the dependencies list in package.json? Are there any errors client or server side? Have you tried ./nodebb build?

• @pitaj Thanks, I'm running 1.7.5 as well. It was saying something about package.json missing when I run npm i but I just ignored it before upgrading nodebb, maybe a big mistake?

I tried ./nodebb build now the calendar is back but still have problem with emojies not showing, any idea?

$ npm i
    npm WARN saveError ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/var/www/regards/package.json'
    npm WARN enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/var/www/regards/package.json'
    npm WARN regards No description
    npm WARN regards No repository field.
    npm WARN regards No README data
    npm WARN regards No license field.

• Global Moderator

@azeus it looks like either you aren't running npm i inside the nodebb directory, or you are running it before running ./nodebb upgrade. What problems are you having with emojis not showing?

• @pitaj It was before the upgrade tks. Emojis are fixed now, I had to install the emojies plugins (android, apple, cubicopp, extended, one, static) and now it working.

The calendar is working as well after the ./nodebb build 🙂

Thanks again

• @evoixmr thanks for this. I'm glad this exists.

@Pitaj thank you for your work on this! Is it possible to have calendars by group? So if our marketing team wanted a calendar with their events, and our comms team wanted a different calendar for their events, does that exist?

• Global Moderator

@kev-m calendar events have permissions according to the category they're posted in. So, you can create a category for the marketing events, and a category for the comms events, and set the permissions accordingly. The color of the events on the calendar will match that of the categories.

• @pitaj is it working with v1.8.0? 🙂

• Global Moderator

New version. Please try out nodebb-plugin-calendar@1.0.0-alpha.42
    Note: this version requires NodeBB v1.10.0

npm i nodebb-plugin-calendar@latest

Changelog:

• Only supports modern browsers and Node 10+ now
    • Update dependencies
    • Polish language translations
    • Convert event and responses template to use benchpress templates, so they can be overridden by themes or other plugins
    • Handle HTML entities better
    • Lazy loading to reduce bundle burden when not using calendar or viewing events
    • Don't show events in post previews / topic teasers

• Global Moderator

New version. Please try out nodebb-plugin-calendar@1.0.0-alpha.43
    Note: this version requires NodeBB v1.10.0

npm i nodebb-plugin-calendar@latest

Changelog:

• Fix post delete hook: no longer crashes NodeBB when deleting posts
    • Added post restore and post purge hooks, so event is only fully deleted on the post purge

Suggested Topics

| |