[nodebb-plugin-ns-awards] NS Awards, Give Medals!

• Plugin & Theme Dev

NodeBB Awards

Plugin for adding Award System on your board: it could be medals, or it could be very special ranks, etc. It's a good instrument to engage users on your board, and It's another instrument for gamification of your board.

I hope this plugin will be helpful for you ;)

Install

npm install nodebb-plugin-ns-awards

Links

Features Overview, pre-release

All components will be improved overtime. It's just very first steps ;) If you have ideas, don't hesitate to share them.

Create Awards

Screen Shot 2015-05-02 at 8.22.59 PM.png

Overview them in ACP

Screen Shot 2015-05-02 at 8.24.27 PM.png

Give Medals!

Screen Shot 2015-05-02 at 8.24.50 PM.png

Overview all awards at yourboard.com/awards

Screen Shot 2015-05-02 at 8.26.18 PM.png

Extend user's profiles

Screen Shot 2015-05-02 at 8.26.48 PM.png

• Plugin & Theme Dev

Plugin is published, share your awards ;)
    Interesting how do you use it.

• Admin

Woah! Haha. How has nobody replied here yet. This is awesome, you win a billion Internets. If this was submitted during a contest it'd be a sure winner. Speaking of which, maybe we're due for another plugin contest?

• Global Moderator

@psychobunny said:

Woah! Haha. How has nobody replied here yet. This is awesome, you win a billion Internets. If this was submitted during a contest it'd be a sure winner. Speaking of which, maybe we're due for another plugin contest?

Perhaps, but this ones already built, so not possible for entry. Unlike the last contest. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

:laughing:

• Plugin & Theme Dev

Version 1.1.0

New version is available. Now you can edit images for awards.

Screen Shot 2015-05-10 at 10.54.21 PM.png

• Hi! Installed the plug-in, rewards are good, but not sent. Help

• Plugin & Theme Dev

@1Smert1 not sent? What do you mean?

• @Nicolas
    It does work, awesome! Thanks Nicolas!

• After restarting the forum, what I pasted in from awards_profile.tpl in profile.tpl is missing, profile.tpl updated to standard.

• Plugin & Theme Dev

1. Don't paste content of awards_profile.tpl, but include it in your theme template. So, somewhere in profile.tpl, add this code: <!-- IMPORT partials/awards_profile.tpl -->
    2. You should edit initial template of your theme, not compiled one. Initial template could be found, in node modules directory, example for Vanilla: nodebb/node_modules/nodebb-theme-vanilla/templates/account/profile.tpl - After restart everything should be Ok ;)

• @Nicolas said:

1. Don't paste content of awards_profile.tpl, but include it in your theme template. So, somewhere in profile.tpl, add this code: <!-- IMPORT partials/awards_profile.tpl -->
    2. You should edit initial template of your theme, not compiled one. Initial template could be found, in node modules directory, example for Vanilla: nodebb/node_modules/nodebb-theme-vanilla/templates/account/profile.tpl - After restart everything should be Ok ;)

Thank you. Now a new problem: Screenshot_1.png

• Plugin & Theme Dev

Don't know how you did reach such result ;)
    Did you update template with simple import? - <!-- IMPORT partials/awards_profile.tpl -->, because It looks like you have copied content of awards_profile.tpl to profile.tpl...

• Plugin & Theme Dev

Version 1.2.0

New version is available.

Introduced settings to ACP:

Screen Shot 2015-05-13 at 12.22.00 AM.png

Now you can show awards in topic view:

Screen Shot 2015-05-12 at 11.59.28 PM.png

• Is this compatible with 0.7? Both /admin/plugins/awards and /awards are empty pages.

• Plugin & Theme Dev

Did you activate it?
    I have developed this plugin on 0.7-dev

• @Nicolas said:

Did you activate it?
    I have developed this plugin on 0.7-dev

I have activated it and the routes are there. Aside from the header, sidebar, breadcrumb etc. there's just nothing there. Not a single error showing up in the logs or the browser's console.

I'm currently running 0.7 Stable.

• Update: /awards does have the <div id="awards"> in it, but its only child is the breadcrumb.

@Nicolas The ACP page being empty may be a result of the script in https://github.com/NicolasSiver/nodebb-plugin-ns-awards/blob/master/public/templates/admin/plugins/awards.tpl being commented out?

• Plugin & Theme Dev

@Xiph

I have installed stable 0.7

Screen Shot 2015-05-25 at 9.53.54 PM.png

And just visited Awards plugin page:

Screen Shot 2015-05-25 at 9.54.05 PM.png

• I have installed stable 0.7
    I can not send a reward. Not found user.
    2.png 1.png

• Did a clean npm install again and re-installed/activated the plugin. /admin/plugins/awards still empty. Changed the plugin load order to load this plugin first instead of last. Still nothing.

The network tab in the inspector shows a file with the URL /src/admin/plugins/awards.js is requested but completely empty (not 404, just empty and 200 OK), does that have anything to do with it?

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.