[nodebb-plugin-ns-custom-fields] NS Custom Fields

• Can you also add those custom fields in post data, so we can display them somewhere under user's avatar or something like that.

• Plugin & Theme Dev

Critical fixes are made, also plugin is published to Node Package Manager.
    First post is updated, same as documentation on GitHub.

• Plugin & Theme Dev

@Sergey sure, but it will be optional (You should toggle it in ACP)

• Admin

Nice 馃檪 I'm sure there is a way we can add something to core without having you required to edit the theme manually. What if it was a widget area in the profile page? I'd accept that PR if you were willing to change how this works

• If this works and I'll try it tommorow you sir are my hero. I was looking forward this feature since the begining and didn't had the time to jump in.

• Plugin & Theme Dev

New version 1.1.0 has been released.
    Now you have ability to populate Topic View with custom fields. Also this feature is optional, so Settings was introduced also.

@psychobunny I'm not familiar with widgets in NodeBB. Can you collaborate and give me some example? (link on repo, benefits, etc.)

• Plugin & Theme Dev

@psychobunny Also I'm going to create another plugin, and I need this space in user's profile. Do you have any suggestions how I can reach it without manual editing also? 馃槈

Screen-Shot-space-for-future-plugin.jpg

• Plugin & Theme Dev

For example, render numeric values under avatar as metrics or accountStats

<div class="text-center account-stats">

<div class="inline-block text-center">
    								<span class="human-readable-number" title="{reputation}">{reputation}</span>
    								<span class="account-bio-label">[[global:reputation]]</span>
    							</div>

<span class="human-readable-number" title="{postcount}">{postcount}</span>
    								<span class="account-bio-label">[[global:posts]]</span>
    							</div>

<span class="human-readable-number" title="{profileviews}">{profileviews}</span>
    								<span class="account-bio-label">[[user:profile_views]]</span>
    							</div>
    						</div>

Change on:

<!-- BEGIN metrics -->
    								<span class="human-readable-number" title="{metrics.value}">{metrics.value}</span>
    								<span class="account-bio-label">{metrics.label}</span>
    							</div>
    				<!-- END metrics -->

• NodeBB 0.7, new version error on startup:

25/4 07:34 [27825] - error: Error: Cannot find module 'object-assign'

Sorry, npm install should fix that problem.

• Community Rep

@Nicolas said:

@psychobunny Also I'm going to create another plugin, and I need this space in user's profile. Do you have any suggestions how I can reach it without manual editing also? 馃槈

Looks like it's the same problem, that part is tied to the theme, so it would need a widget area or a filter from core.

I can probably help with the widget areas if needed.

• Warning in console:
    25/4 11:57 [28225] - warn: [plugins] Callback timed out, hook 'static:app.load' in plugin 'nodebb-plugin-ns-custom-fields'

I found another problem: Try to edit any user's profile as admin and you will see custom fields populated with admin's data.

• Plugin & Theme Dev

I'm still learning NodeBB architecture.
    Seems, socket.uid was a mistake to use as an User Reference.
    I will find another approach to get uid of user profile 馃槈

• NodeBB

socket.uid is the uid of the person making the socket call or 0 if they are not logged in.

• Plugin & Theme Dev

@baris is there any good option to find uid of the user (/user/:username route) on client-side?

• NodeBB

Yes, use ajaxify.variables.get('theirid')

• Plugin & Theme Dev

@baris thanks 馃槈

@Sergey issues should be fixed in v1.1.1

• @Nicolas looks good! Last but not least, please use translation keys:

This is not good for international boards:

file: fields-edit.js

line 34: .text('Save Fields')
    line 96: app.alertSuccess('Custom Fields are saved');

• @Nicolas Is it possible to move the profile fields well into a new partial template? That way, you'd only have to do <!-- IMPORT partials/profile-fields.tpl, which is a little more handy.

• Plugin & Theme Dev

It could work.

Now, if we talk about Account View. It's just single JS, without template, and client JS is aware of Vanilla Theme. And to inject this JS only on Account page, I'm swapping profile.tpl, so you don't need edit it manually.

Main problem is lack of information from devs 馃槈

• Plugin & Theme Dev

Version 1.2.0

New version is available. It's a big update. Main feature: field types were introduced. Now you can create Select or basic Input. Selects are good for predefined options. ACP is also updated to handle Select creation and providing sufficient UX.

Simplified edit process for themes.

Look and Feel of updated and new components

Field creator

Screen Shot 2015-05-16 at 12.35.16 AM.png

Fields overview

Screen Shot 2015-05-16 at 12.35.37 AM.png

Suggested Topics

| |