Help with DNS

• Hi Guys, 😃

having some problems with setting up the DNS with Digital Ocean, I've read the guide, but not sure what parts I have to complete.

Nodebb is setup on the domain root at wikievolved.org, I changed the nameservers at 123reg.com, I've added the domain to the droplet, but I'm stuck with the section that says;

You can also connect your IP to a domain name with nothing before it (this should also occur by default when you add a domain):

http://example.com

To accomplish this, create a new hostname with the symbol "@' in the hostname field. Your screen should look like this:

Vs3IPGH.png

Do I really need to do this? The only reason I ask is that this A with @ and the ip is already showing on the A name section? Do I duplicate it?

• Admin

Hi @LeeM, running a query against wikievolved.org gives me this (truncated) output:

;; QUESTION SECTION:
    ;wikievolved.org.		IN	A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
    wikievolved.org.	1800	IN	A	46.101.44.221

So it looks like you're set on the DNS front, you'll just need to set up nginx to proxy requests on port 80 to 4567.

• Hi @julian ,

hope you're well and thanks for responding.

Is this something I do through the DO CP or is this a Nodebb mod that I have to do with putty?

• @nhl-pl and @julian , all is cool as they say, got help from digital ocean and am good to go now, thanks again to you both for helping - the post is here for anyone else that's looking.

regards, Lee 😁 😃

Suggested Topics

| |