Number of guests on scaled installs

Technical Support

Suggested Topics

• 0 Votes
    4 Posts

@Thief-Garrett said in Installing along side preexisting intallation of wordpress on Apache2 (ubuntu):

So what I ended up doing was converting from Apache2 to Nginx and created a server entry for nodebb with SSL. I'm thinking it was primarily the SSL and lack of server block for nodebb causing the forums.example.com to redirect back to example.com

no need for a server block if they are running independently. I wouldn't recommend both on the same server for other reasons, but there is no reason for them to conflict.

• 0 Votes
    7 Posts

@baris said in Header image for a fresh install:

/assets/uploads/<filename>.jpg

Excelent. Thank you

• 0 Votes
    10 Posts
    4k Views

@pitaj vestacp has several nginx.conf. As I mentioned I edited "site-specific" config in /home/admin/conf/web where vestacp keeps configs for all hosts, inculding ssl and lets encrypt.
    Maybe you mean global nginx.conf which is located in /etc/nginx ? I did no changes in it.

• 0 Votes
    8 Posts
    4k Views

Ok, I installed Git, now the command works. Currently cloning... and finally installing dependencises... and I received these erros:

It also ask me now for a redis database name. What should I write for it?

npm WARN deprecated [email protected]: lodash@<2.0.0 is no longer maintained. Upgrade to lodash@^3.0.0
    npm WARN deprecated [email protected]: lodash@<2.0.0 is no longer maintained. Upgrade to lodash@^3.0.0

buffe[email protected] install /Users/Dakoom/NodeBB/node_modules/bufferutil
    node-gyp rebuild

xcode-select: error: tool 'xcodebuild' requires Xcode, but active developer directory '/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools' is a command line tools instance

xcode-select: error: tool 'xcodebuild' requires Xcode, but active developer directory '/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools' is a command line tools instance

CXX(target) Release/obj.target/bufferutil/src/bufferutil.o
    SOLINK_MODULE(target) Release/bufferutil.node

utf-8-validat[email protected] install /Users/Dakoom/NodeBB/node_modules/utf-8-validate
    node-gyp rebuild

CXX(target) Release/obj.target/validation/src/validation.o
    SOLINK_MODULE(target) Release/validation.node

h[email protected] install /Users/Dakoom/NodeBB/node_modules/heapdump
    node-gyp rebuild

CXX(target) Release/obj.target/addon/src/heapdump.o
    SOLINK_MODULE(target) Release/addon.node

EDIT: Ok, installed. Then I suppose that when I entered the db name it automatically created it. Ok, I have it installed and I'll try it a little bit! šŸ™‚ Thank you all for your suggestions!

• 0 Votes
    5 Posts
    3k Views

@baris said:

The error message is telling you that it can't access/save the file. Make sure the user you are running the commands has the proper permissions.

I wondered that too, I was using a user I specifically created for this task in order to not use the root user as I thought it was not a good practice to do. Especially since the instructions indicate a sudo user. Usually I can figure out permission issues, but for some reason I have not been able to solve this one. The installation does get further when using the root user, so there is definitely a permission issue.

The error I get now is related to the connection of the Redis database. I get a connection refused error when using the IP of the server.

The abort error shows the IP address and default port number so I have no idea how to connect the database.

Here's the latest console information ...

[email protected] node_modules/connect-redis ā””ā”€ā”€ [email protected] ([email protected]) 25/4 19:08 [21628] - info: Populating database with default configs, if not already set... 25/4 19:08 [21628] - error: Error: Redis connection to myserverIP:6379 failed - connect ECONNREFUSED at RedisClient.flush_and_error (/mydomainpath/nodebb/node_modules/redis/index.js:142:13) at RedisClient.on_error (/mydomainpath/nodebb/node_modules/redis/index.js:180:10) at Socket.<anonymous> (/mydomainpath/nodebb/node_modules/redis/index.js:95:14) at Socket.EventEmitter.emit (events.js:95:17) at net.js:441:14 at process._tickCallback (node.js:415:13) 25/4 19:08 [21628] - warn: NodeBB Setup Aborted. Redis connection to myserverIP:6379 failed - connect ECONNREFUSED

Thanks ... Pops