Image Uploading

• I am having an issue with uploading images on my site. They apear to upload ok but when posted it shows a file extension and not an image. Maybe I am just missing a simple button or something, not sure. Anyone know what I am doing wrong? Thanks.

• Admin

Are you utilising the imgur plugin, or just uploading straight to disk (no plugin)?

• No plugin I believe. Is that wrong?

• Admin

To each their own, we recommend using a plugin like "imgur" just so it goes off-site, but some people like to maintain the file on the server itself for privacy.

Can you tell us what it ends up showing in the composer after uploading?

• I don't mind using imgur, you can set it as private I believe and will use less disk space. looking at it again so I can send you what its doing and looks like I am doing file upload. Don't see an option to allow image. Do I need a plug in to allow it.

@julian also want to say I appreciate your help as well as all the others that have answered my questions. I know some are pretty dumb lol, this is just something new to me so thanks for the help.

• Hey, was just looking at this myself.

I had a look at the imgur option while I was about to post a reply and they asking for a
    Authorization callback URL

Now there's no mention of this in the plugin?

So I tried to do it with out the plugin and all I get is
    Imageupload.JPG

What am I missing?

Thanks

Dave

• Community Rep

@Dave-Huggy-Jones when you register an imgur app, just choose an option without callback. All goes well with that option, at least for me.

p.s. I guess it would be nice, to have a mention of that nuance on the plugin page
    https://github.com/barisusakli/nodebb-plugin-imgur
    @barisusakli

• @Mega

Ah Ok thank you, I was choosing last option!

Anyway done that got my id, try and save it in the plugin section and nothing happens,
    I've restarted twice any ideas? If a paste code code hit save and nothing, come out go back in and not saved?

EDIT: Found and fixed bugs at my end will submit pull requests.

| |