Search engine and reply via email

• Curious what people are doing for searching within the forums. There are some great, auto-suggest options/themes out there and I feel like a good search would be great with this.

Also, Discourse has this really cool reply-to-topic via email feature, when you're receiving email notifications of posts you have replied to? It's super convenient. Maybe not so great for web site hits, but I love it.

Just two thoughts. I have a ton. I don't want to sound too critical of something I'm actually loving. I don't know 100% if I can make it work for what I'd planned...but it's still such a pretty option.

• GNU/Linux Admin

Thanks @ne1up, we really want the user experience to be ideal for NodeBB.

We have built-in search for NodeBB, and it works by searching phonetically. Hit the search button at the top and give it a spin!

Edit: inb4 @psychobunny

• Admin

yup 🙂 we're super open to any ideas - we can't promise you on when we can build them by but we want this to be the best forum experience ever!

• Oh wow there is a search button. Maybe I should look around more before I start suggesting things. 😉

(What about some sort've notification that this had 3 replies? I see a glowing thing...gonna reply and go click that)

😉

• Oh very cool, that glowing button is the alert. OK I'm getting it. 🙂 Very impressive work, gentlemen.

Suggested Topics

| |