NodeBB Development

Suggested Topics

• Documentation please

NodeBB Development
    0 Votes
    2 Posts

The only thing that exists is the list of hooks:

Hooks

Node.js based forum software built for the modern web - Hooks ยท NodeBB/NodeBB Wiki

favicon

GitHub (github.com)

• 0 Votes
    1 Posts
    2k Views

I am writing a plugin.

Can anybody pl. write the code pattern for this requirement of mine...

When a logged in user enters some data, the backend should do the following in response:

The user sends the data to the NodeBB backend in the following format:
    { key1: data-value1, key2: data-value2, ... }

Get the user id of the user and check if the key1, key2, etc. already exists in the Mongo DB (the user's collection/document)

If yes, overwrite the data

If not, store the data

Tell the client that the action has been taken

Actually, it is quite simple if you're writing an app from the scratch. What I am looking for is the pattern/way the NodeBB is currently handling this scenario and I want to code using the same pattern.

Thanks

• 0 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views

@Bri said in MongoDB reliability called into question?:

Something else I've been looking at are graph databases like Neo4j and Arango, and now I'm kind of anticipating that you're going to tell me that it's in the same boat (i.e. old tech with a new name)

Nope, old with still with the old name ๐Ÿ™‚ Graph databases are known to go back to at least 1969.

• MongoDB Structure

Unsolved NodeBB Development
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    6k Views

The structure looks not friendly at all.

• 1 Votes
    13 Posts
    5k Views

Ah, nope. Thought you had a diagnostic tool to recommend. Our server guy just said it was flushed and that we needed to move away; "redis isnt built for that, we simply cant run it in production when mongo is compatible."

Although you can rig redis to work, mongo is better for the usecase. We will need the flexibility with non-standard extensions we will be using.