Do you have a plan to make changes in database？
I think the structure currently can't make the full use of the performance the database can be(mongo, etc).
we should better make a plan to design a more powerful structure.
Our guests(users of NodeBB in China) give suggestions:
- design to be compatible to SQL-base database.
- a better manager, which can limit plugins's data strictly.(when user remove the plugin, the plugin's data can be cleared)
- sharp can be a serious problem in some systems
- in my case, the sharp can't work, but nodebb print no error, no trace, just a exit. Exited below 'filter:parse.raw' or filter.image.size'.
- benchpressjs-rs can not be compiled in some case, i should cd to the benchpress-rs dir to run neon release(cannot be built by npm)
- can select yarn as default pm while first nodebb installing?
what's about importing the mvvm framework?
i think importing mvvm framework(like Vue) is a good design to develop a powerful community platorm.
- it can reduce developers' mental burden and accelerate their developing
- a esay approach to support pwa
- we can bundle a sw.js(workder can be added by plugins)
- a progressive frame(means it can beimported easily and harmlessly)
A strong business store for NodeBB?
- Most plugins are maintained by open-source developers, it might have a risk to use in business production
- so, using nodebb as a business use is a high-expense choice(they should dive much resources to extend nodebb)
- Plugin developers and customers don't have a platform, where they are satisfied and accpted.