We are going to be introducing a plugin usage metrics system in 1.13.0. Up until now, the plugins page at admin/extend/plugins#download showed all plugins published to npm with no way to see if the plugin was compatible with your version of NodeBB. This lead to the installation of plugins that might potentially crash your nodebb on startup.
To change this, we are adding a new opt-in system that submits the plugins that are active on your forum to nbbpm.
Here are some details about this system:
- Only submit in production mode (global.env === 'production')
- Submit data once every 24 hours
- Do not submit data for plugins that have
"private": true in their plugin.json
- Enabled on new installs, unless disabled during
- Disabled on existing installs
You can see the exact data that is submitted here.
You can opt-in or out anytime from /admin/extend/plugins. If a plugin has no compatibility data available it will show a warning like this
If the plugin has compatibility data it will show a notice like this