Named it "nodebb-theme-ocean" and changed all instances in the folder name, and theme.json, plugin.json, and package.json files. We added the "screenshot" into the package.json file as per the documentation, but other than replacing instances of "quickstart", it's pretty much the stock theme.
Choosing forum software - a couple of questions
I'm considering using nodebb for a forum for photography enthusiasts. Do you think nodebb is a good choice?
I have some questions (may have more later):
- I read that nodebb copies images if someone pastes an image link (so that the image is not "lost"). Is this configurable? I think people (especially photographers) might not want their images copied somewhere else (to forum) without their permission
- I read that nodebb resizes images (over some limit). How configurable is it/how does it work? Does it retain a copy of original image and allows people to see it (e.g. after clicking on resized image)? I think people (especially photographers ;)) might be upset if forum software damaged quality of their pictures due to resizing. On the other hand, I'd like to have a maximum resolution of allowed images...
- Is it possible to quickly (through a link for example) see threads:
- that I started
- that I took part in
I have could not find information on this, nor this community forum has such links (or I can't find them).
Thank you for your time
PS. I'm posting it for the second time. The thread did not show up. Maybe because it was before I confirmed my email? So I'm reposting it. Or maybe it's being moderated? But I got no information about any moderation...
- We don't copy or download pasted links, we do upload the image if you copy/paste the image itself into the composer.
- There are 2 values that are configurable, the resize threshold and the resize value. You can configure both in the ACP. When the uploaded image is wider than the threshold it gets resized down to the resize value. As an example if the threshold is 1200px wide and the resize width is 760px, if you upload an image that is 1600px it will be resized down to 760px. But a image that is 900px wide will not be resized. We do keep an copy of the original and put the resized image link in the post. Clicking the image opens the original.
- You can see the topics you started at your profile page here. There is no quick way to find threads that you took part in but you can watch topics or bookmark posts, or watch topics automatically when you reply to them.
There is no quick way to find threads that you took part in but you can watch topics or bookmark posts, or watch topics automatically when you reply to them.
I see. But this way requires user action on each post and does not work on old posts. I could make it the default but that would make the normal usage of watching posts not very useful.
So I hope it would be easy to write a plugin or some other extension which would add the "threads you took part in" link?