Image upload strange problem / nothing happens

• I have a forum installed on Ubuntu with nginx underneath it.

I experience a really strange behavior, if I want to upload images (e.g. profile avatar for guest user or logo on admin interface) if I click on the upload button, nothing happens.

Console does not throw errors, I have started the forum with ./nodebb start --dev, but verbose mode is not telling me anything, if I click on the button it's just nothing happening. Everything else seems to be working fine.

In Settings, I have given permission for image uploads for registered users, but it is still not working.

nodebb version: v1.10.0

Any ideas? Thanks in advance

• Admin

What about the web console (wasn't sure which console you were referring to) in Chrome/Firefox? Any client-side errors?

• @julian nothing there. I've checked that too before posting

• it seems to me that nothing fires when I click the button. if I try to upload in the profile avatar modal, clicking the button just closes the modal and that is all. but the upload buttons also dont do anything in the admin interface.

• although what I have managed to find now is that when I click on the "upload" button on the admin interface, the following line gets injected to the <head> tag:

<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" async="" data-requirecontext="_" data-requiremodule="/assets/templates/partials/modals/upload_file_modal.js" src="/assets/templates/partials/modals/upload_file_modal.js?v=r7lve04i6dk"></script>

but after that nothing happens, even if I click the button multiple times afterwards

• one more thing I found, at the Uploads section on the admin, I get the following error:

Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, scandir '/public/uploads'

although I do have that library, if I do

ls public/

while I am at the root of the forum, it does list the folder:

503.html  favicon.ico  images  js-enabled.css  language  less  logo.png  src  uploads  vendor

| |