Unexpected behavior in "Recent Topics" header

• When I click on a topic in the "Recent Topics" header, I get sent to the first post of that topic, and get a toaster option to return to my last read position.

I expected the behavior to match the topic list, where I get sent to my last read position directly.

Browser: Chrome 58 latest on Windows 10

• Global Moderator

What you're describing is not "Recent Topics", but "Recent Posts". It works exactly as advertised.

• @PitaJ
    0_1494612692223_upload-bd6fe03b-0f76-4d6e-8503-3380c2022e56

Then can the copy be updated to reflect that it's recent posts? And I would expect that if it's recent posts, it should take me to the very last post in the thread, not the very first post in the thread.

• Global Moderator

@izzion sorry what I wrote was unclear. That widgets shows "Recent Topics", but you were describing a "Recent Posts" behavior, similar to the /recent page.

It could be possible to create a similar plugin that displays recent posts in the same style.

• Oh. Yeah, the current behavior is super unintuitive to me.

It would make much more sense to me if it kept its current copy and how it builds the list -- "here are topics that have recent activity" -- but if, instead of always going to post #1 in the linked topic, it went to your last unread position automatically. It was very frustrating to keep coming back and trying to click into the Scrolling test thread while I was interacting with it, and keep getting shunted back to post #1.

I guess that makes this more of a feature request than a bug report, if the "go to post 1 in the recent topics" behavior is intended.

• Global Moderator

Well yeah, the point of that widget is not to show recent activity in general, that's what the /recent page is for. This is just meant to show recent topics, which is why is goes to post 1.

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.