[nodebb-plugin-sso-steam-v2] Steam Login v2

• npm: https://www.npmjs.com/package/nodebb-plugin-sso-steam-v2
    git: https://github.com/SuperiorServers/nodebb-plugin-sso-steam-v2

Install: npm i nodebb-plugin-sso-steam-v2

THIS PLUGIN IS NOT BACKWARD COMPATIBLE WITH THE OLD VERSIONS

This plugin was modified from nodebb-plugin-sso-steam-refactor since it's author seems to be ignoring the repo and various issues it has. This version includes various fixes and improvements that are listed on github.

Once you've installed/enabled the plugin and restarted make sure to head to YOURFORUMHERE/admin/plugins/sso-steam and enter your steam API key.

• Awesome! Does this add a link to their Steam profile on their account page? Can existing users link their Steam account?

• Yes and yes.

• @astonedpenguin said in [nodebb-plugin-sso-steam-v2] Steam Login v2:

Once you've installed/enabled the plugin and restarted make sure to head to YOURFORUMHERE/admin/plugins/sso-steam and enter your steam API key.

This is what I get when trying to run log-in or register using Steam. I've entered my API key.

What's wrong?

Internal Error.
    Oops! Looks like something went wrong!
    /auth/steam/callback
    Invalid username! Your username can only contain alphanumeric letters (a-z, numbers, spaces).

• @rob-fraktar The error message says it all, your steam username must be alphanumeric.

• @astonedpenguin said in [nodebb-plugin-sso-steam-v2] Steam Login v2:

@rob-fraktar The error message says it all, your steam username must be alphanumeric.

There are some people that signed up for Steam back in the day and they used their email as their username.

• Gamers

@teh_g Annnd you can change your username? It goes off of the display name, not steam login username.

• Hi, first of all thank you very much for this plugin!
    I'm having problems with accessing the plugin setup in the administration panel.

Internal Error.
    Oops! Looks like something went wrong!
    /admin/plugins/sso-steam
    Failed to lookup view "admin/plugins/sso-steam" in views directory "/app/build/public/templates"

Restarting the app didn't help. I'm running the forum on Heroku, do you think that might be the cause of this problem?

Thank you for your response.

• @fiiily Ahh, they said username, so I assumed that is what was causing the error.

• Admin

@macko-voborník Did you ./nodebb build?

• @julian I did build the project but forgot to add the newly built files with the -f flag, since the build folder is in .gitignore. Thank you for all your great work! 🙂

• GNU/Linux

This post is deleted!

• GNU/Linux

@aStonedPenguin Doesn't work

• GNU/Linux

Smb fix it pls, i don't understand how it work ☹

• GNU/Linux

@julian Can you fix sso-steam-login ? It stopped working after 1.8.2 (probably)
    upd: Start working but with weirdness

• grab the latest version off github

• GNU/Linux

@astonedpenguin is good man

• I just updated NodeBB and I'm getting this error

2018-08-08T17:13:32.595Z [12746] - error: /auth/steam/callback
    Error: [[error:csrf-invalid]]
    at router.get.req.session.registration (/home/mario/nodebb/src/routes/authentication.js:75:54)
    at Layer.handle [as handle_request] (/home/mario/nodebb/node_modules/express/lib/router/layer.js:95:5)
    at next (/home/mario/nodebb/node_modules/express/lib/router/route.js:137:13)
    at Route.dispatch (/home/mario/nodebb/node_modules/express/lib/router/route.js:112:3)
    at Layer.handle [as handle_request] (/home/mario/nodebb/node_modules/express/lib/router/layer.js:95:5)
    at /home/mario/nodebb/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:281:22
    at Function.process_params (/home/mario/nodebb/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:335:12)
    at next (/home/mario/nodebb/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:275:10)
    at Function.handle (/home/mario/nodebb/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:174:3)
    at router (/home/mario/nodebb/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:47:12)
    at trim_prefix (/home/mario/nodebb/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:317:13)
    at /home/mario/nodebb/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:284:7
    at Function.process_params (/home/mario/nodebb/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:335:12)
    at /home/mario/nodebb/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:635:15

• @LethalLuigi said in [nodebb-plugin-sso-steam-v2] Steam Login v2:

I just updated NodeBB and I'm getting this error

2018-08-08T17:13:32.595Z [12746] - error: /auth/steam/callback
    Error: We were unable to log you in, likely due to an expired session. Please try again
    at router.get.req.session.registration (/home/mario/nodebb/src/routes/authentication.js:75:54)
    at next (/home/mario/nodebb/node_modules/express/lib/router/route.js:137:13)
    at Route.dispatch (/home/mario/nodebb/node_modules/express/lib/router/route.js:112:3)
    at /home/mario/nodebb/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:281:22
    at Function.handle (/home/mario/nodebb/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:174:3)
    at router (/home/mario/nodebb/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:47:12)
    at trim_prefix (/home/mario/nodebb/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:317:13)
    at /home/mario/nodebb/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:284:7
    at /home/mario/nodebb/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:635:15

Same error here.
    Please help.

• Admin

What's url in your config.json? Does it match your site's address?

| |