Console error after plugin install

• Hello all,

Running v1.4.4 has been working fine until I installed the MailGun plugin from the control panel. After restarting the forum software from the control panel, all users now get a 502 Bad Gateway. After investigation, when a user tries to access the forum this error is thrown:

1/3 22:43:00 [28851] - error:  TypeError: Cannot read property 'loggedIn' of undefined
        at helpers.displayMenuItem (/opt/nodebb/public/src/modules/helpers.js:20:44)
        at checkConditionalHelpers (/opt/nodebb/node_modules/templates.js/lib/templates.js:269:76)
        at parse (/opt/nodebb/node_modules/templates.js/lib/templates.js:426:15)
        at parseTemplate (/opt/nodebb/node_modules/templates.js/lib/templates.js:133:14)
        at Object.templates.parse (/opt/nodebb/node_modules/templates.js/lib/templates.js:119:11)
        at /opt/nodebb/node_modules/templates.js/lib/templates.js:169:30
        at FSReqWrap.readFileAfterClose [as oncomplete] (fs.js:445:3)

Removing the plugin folder in the node_modules directory and uninstalling the plugin via npm yielded no result.

Google results showed few results with this issue, and none seemed actually resolved. Any help figuring this out would be much appreciated!

• Admin

Not sure why data.config would be undefined in that helper method. You can try with https://github.com/NodeBB/NodeBB/commit/284485c885b413771ae866b00fffd4d157306726 it should prevent that crash.

• @baris Just to make sure before I screw anything up, I have to switch from the v1.x.x branch to master, right?

• Admin

Yes, make a backup of your database incase you want to go back to 1.x.x

• @baris That does seem to have worked! Thanks!

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.