nodebb running, but inaccessible from browser (local install)

• This is what I'm getting from the browser (I tried both firefox and chrome - internet is working):

The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
        If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
        If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

This is the nodebb log

info: * using configuration stored in: /home/super/nodeBB/nodebb/config.json
    info: * using redis store at 127.0.0.1:6379
    info: * using themes stored in: /home/super/nodeBB/nodebb/node_modules
    warn: [plugins/nodebb-widget-essentials] staticDir is deprecated, use staticDirs instead
    warn: [plugins/nodebb-widget-essentials] staticDir is deprecated, define CSS files with new staticDirs instead.
    warn: [plugins/nodebb-plugin-mentions] This plugin may not be compatible with your version of NodeBB. This may cause unintended behaviour or crashing.
    warn: [plugins/nodebb-plugin-markdown] This plugin may not be compatible with your version of NodeBB. This may cause unintended behaviour or crashing.
    warn: [plugins/nodebb-theme-lavender] staticDir is deprecated, use staticDirs instead
    info: NodeBB attempting to listen on: 0.0.0.0:4567
    info: NodeBB Ready

• Did it start happening after an upgrade?

• nope, it just stopped working
    we did install redis desktop manager, though
    could that be the issue?

• Does uninstalling it and restarting nodebb help?

• @baris you mean uninstalling redis desktop manager

• nope, I unistalled redis-desktop-manager, still no luck

• @baris ok, I just noticed that the admin panel is still accessible, it's the homepage which isn't. weird...
    actually, everything is accessible, except the home!

• @baris ok there must be something wrong with the categories, since I can't access that page from the admin.

• Does http://localhost:4567/api/home return anything?

• @baris no it doesn't like that either

• GNU/Linux Admin

@giorgio-chiodi When you go to /api/home, what shows up in the NodeBB log? (./nodebb log to view logs. Have it running while you try accessing /api/home)

• weird not displaying anything

• @julian

info: NodeBB attempting to listen on: 0.0.0.0:4567

• GNU/Linux Admin

What happens if you do the above, and NodeBB is running in development mode? (./nodebb dev)

• @julian Error: No category found!

info: [socket] uid 1 (FaaX4q5o_Y_x59bv20lN) has successfully reconnected.
    info: [socket] uid 1 (v8qrk-v8GU4iyW8-20lO) has successfully reconnected.
    Error: No category found!
        at /home/super/nodeBB/nodebb/src/categories.js:290:14
        at /home/super/nodeBB/nodebb/src/database/redis.js:154:4
        at try_callback (/home/super/nodeBB/nodebb/node_modules/redis/index.js:532:9)
        at RedisClient.return_reply (/home/super/nodeBB/nodebb/node_modules/redis/index.js:614:13)
        at HiredisReplyParser.<anonymous> (/home/super/nodeBB/nodebb/node_modules/redis/index.js:266:14)
        at HiredisReplyParser.EventEmitter.emit (events.js:95:17)
        at HiredisReplyParser.execute (/home/super/nodeBB/nodebb/node_modules/redis/lib/parser/hiredis.js:43:18)
        at RedisClient.on_data (/home/super/nodeBB/nodebb/node_modules/redis/index.js:488:27)
        at Socket.<anonymous> (/home/super/nodeBB/nodebb/node_modules/redis/index.js:82:14)
        at Socket.EventEmitter.emit (events.js:95:17)
    Error: topic doesn't exist
        at /home/super/nodeBB/nodebb/src/topics.js:343:28
        at /home/super/nodeBB/nodebb/src/topics.js:336:4
        at try_callback (/home/super/nodeBB/nodebb/node_modules/redis/index.js:532:9)
        at RedisClient.return_reply (/home/super/nodeBB/nodebb/node_modules/redis/index.js:614:13)
        at HiredisReplyParser.<anonymous> (/home/super/nodeBB/nodebb/node_modules/redis/index.js:266:14)
        at HiredisReplyParser.EventEmitter.emit (events.js:95:17)
        at HiredisReplyParser.execute (/home/super/nodeBB/nodebb/node_modules/redis/lib/parser/hiredis.js:43:18)
        at RedisClient.on_data (/home/super/nodeBB/nodebb/node_modules/redis/index.js:488:27)
        at Socket.<anonymous> (/home/super/nodeBB/nodebb/node_modules/redis/index.js:82:14)
        at Socket.EventEmitter.emit (events.js:95:17)

• @Giorgio-Chiodi do you have access to redis-cli to run some commands?

• @baris sorry, I haven't seen your post. Yes, I have access

• Can you the run the following command.

redis-cli
    zrange categories:cid 0 -1

• zrange categories:cid 0 -1

@baris operation not permitted should i go sudo?

• GNU/Linux Admin

@giorgio-chiodi Does your redis have a password? If so, you'll need to type this command first:

AUTH {password}

Suggested Topics

| |