Normal users are able to "feature" topics.

• Anyone have any idea why everyone on my forums, regardless of rank, might be able to feature topics? (Including their own)

I've been having problems with all widgets/plugins that involve featured topics since it was first installed and now this suddenly started happening. I can't find any settings for it anywhere.

• Plugin & Theme Dev

Hi, what do you mean "feature" topics? upvote? downvote? flag?
    don't really get it.

• Maybe I'm making a mistake here but when we first installed the vanilla NodeBB package, there was an option under "Topic Tools" called "Feature this Topic".

I couldn't find anything in the settings about it so I looked it up and found several plugins that display said "featured topics" but when I use any of them the links they provide to the topics I chose are all broken.

Are "featured topics" not built in to the basic NodeBB package?

• Community Rep

You seem to have installed either featured-topics-extended or featured-threads. Neither of these is included in the default package.

This appears to be a bug, since the option should not appear for non-moderators. However, the buttons do not actually work.

As for broken links, I tested my plugin featured-topics-extended and all links are working. The plugin featured-threads is broken however.

• @yariplus said in Normal users are able to "feature" topics.:

You seem to have installed either featured-topics-extended or featured-threads. Neither of these is included in the default package.

This appears to be a bug, since the option should not appear for non-moderators. However, the buttons do not actually work.

As for broken links, I tested my plugin featured-topics-extended and all links are working. The plugin featured-threads is broken however.

Damn I keep forgetting to turn on the "Watch topics you create" option so I keep missing replies on here. Sorry about that!

Thank you very much for the response, I just figured that out today actually. I had both installed still so I thought that all "featured topics" plugins were broken on my forums, after I disabled the other one yours worked.

P.S. (Not sure if it's a new feature but I didn't see it at first) But I love the featured topic cards. That's exactly what I was looking for when I first joined these support forums. Keep up the good work!

P.S.S. If you ever need any testing grounds or anything on a large scale for your plugins, our forums got almost 13,000 registered users in under two weeks and we expect it to continue to grow.

Star

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.