Strategic multiplayer board game website, please criticize!

• tactiqo.com

Please bash the website and me as much as possible.

Thank you! ❤

• Admin

Oh that seems pretty cool, is the actual game component a NodeBB plugin?

• @psychobunny i originally developed the game component as a standalone , and then just baked it into nodebb as a plugin.

By the way, I have an official website up for it now: tactiqo.com

I see you guys joined on the heroku up, thank you for checking it out! Lets play some games on tactiqo.com now ❤

• Admin

Use scouts to capture the opponent's base for a quick win, but do it when you have a good guess.

Does this mean a scout can just be moved straight into the enemy base and capture it if the base itself isn't completely surrounded? 😬

Perhaps you can adapt something like Zone of Control, so if you're next to an enemy, you can only move one hex... just a thought, might add some depth to the game 😄

• @julian unit types are hidden until they fight. the scout needs to know which unit is the actual enemy's base, and if it makes a mistake, it will die. Also, yes the base can be simply covered by any other unit. Scouts only move in a straight line.

Zone of Control is a GREAT idea, I will look into that. It may come into upcoming versions of the game, but it will need to be play tested first.

The current rule-set has been play tested with a couple friends for over 250 games and was designed with balance in mind. Try a few games, play a best out of 7 with someone! (like me) 🙂

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.