Trouble getting Emailer (SendGrid) to authenticate

• Maybe I've missed a step in the config process, but whenever I attempt to send a test email via Settings > Email > Send test email I get a 'Bad username / Password' error from NodeBB.

I've setup a user in the Credentials section of SendGrid, granted that user UI/API & Mail rights, generated an API Key and copied both the user & API details into Emailer (SendGrid) - please see attached screenshot.

he NodeBB log shows:

27/11 14:43 [9234] - error: [plugins] filter:email.send, Bad username / password
    27/11 14:43 [9234] - warn: [emailer.sendgrid] Unable to send digest email to uid 2!!
    27/11 14:43 [9234] - warn: [emailer.sendgrid] Error Stringified:{}

It was a little unclear what 'API User' referred to in the Emailer (SendGrid) configuration - in SendGrid we have a 'NAME' in API Keys and a 'NAME' in Credentials, but I couldn't find any 'API User' - maybe they've changed their terminology.

To try and get round this I named my API Key and Credentials user the same and put that into Emailer (SendGrid) config page along with the API key...same problem.

Thanks,

Steve

0_1448632255591_NodeBB_Sendgrid.png

0_1448632273023_Bad_UsernamePassword.png

• Admin

Have you tried putting the API key as-is, without the SG. preceding it?

• I hadn't @julian but same problem I'm afraid.

27/11 18:35 [11198] - error: [plugins] filter:email.send, Bad username / password

From the log.

Steve

• This post is deleted!

• Try putting the API User as bearer i think that is what sendgrid defaults as.

(i might be being really stupid)

• Works for me when I check "Use HTTP connection". I'm assuming it was attempting HTTPS but somehow broke.

• Admin

Yes, I recently experienced this as well... using http seems to work fine for the time being.

Star

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.