Persona Blocks 0.2.3

• Persona Blocks

All of the Persona, with big block categories and extra SSO only login options

Screenshots

Home View

Home View

SSO Only Login View
    (When Google/Facebook/Twitter logins are enabled, but register and local login aren't)

SSO Only Login View

Installation

From your ACP, or:

npm install nodebb-theme-persona-blocks

• LOL😋 My favorite is the Persone theme but I'm waited for something modded with these cute big blocks from the prev. theme so combine the two will be perfect for me! 👏

and the SSO Only Login View 👍

• @phreaker

Pro Tip

If you're only allowing SSO login and register then add this custom CSS in your ACP:

ul#logged-out-menu li a span {
      display: none;
    }
    ul#logged-out-menu li a:after {
      content: 'Register / Login';
    }

And you can have your Login button say 'Register / Login' to clarify the UX.

• This post is deleted!

• @drew

Hey buddy,

Just installed the theme on my dev VM looking good.
    FYI: Seems Subcategories may not be working too well.

Screenshot 2015-09-06 13.15.58.png

Another quick question, May be very basic
    With my last theme, I basically edited CSS to make everything a set value, but figured I would ask if there is a better way of doing this. Is there a way to make the category layout more even. It seems to come down to how many lines a description has and the post for that matter. Will probably hide the actual post comments

Screenshot 2015-09-06 13.18.23.png

• @tfraley said:

Seems Subcategories may not be working too well.

Yeah, I see it too. This is why it's still 0.X.X 🙂

Will see what I can do

• @drew
    No problem buddy, It's on my development nodebb (Virtual Mashine)
    I try to install things first there for testing.

Please let me know if I can be of any help, I like the direction this is going.

• @drew said:

Pro Tip

If you're only allowing SSO login and register then add this custom CSS in your ACP:

ul#logged-out-menu li a span {
      display: none;
    }
    ul#logged-out-menu li a:after {
      content: 'Register / Login';
    }

And you can have your Login button say 'Register / Login' to clarify the UX.

FYI: This give me a double Register/Login Register / Login
    Screenshot 2015-09-06 13.34.46.png

• @tfraley you have local registration enabled I guess? That CSS fix is if you have local registration disabled

• @tfraley said:

Subcategories may not be working too well.

Version 0.2.3 now with working subcategories.

• @drew you are fast, Just upgraded working great..

• @tfraley said:

Is there a way to make the category layout more even. It seems to come down to how many lines a description has and the post for that matter

I think that's a question related to the masonry. You're better off asking a style pro like an admin or a (proper) theme developer 😛

• Admin

Nice job 🙂 tbh I wanted to make masonry more of a plugin extension for persona but I'm glad you did this, maybe you should call it nodebb-theme-personavender 😛

• Gamers

I was looking for something like this. Thanks mate! 🙂

• Looking good drew, Just moved the theme to my live nodebb.
    Did a little tweaking (custom CSS) this is what I have so far.. Tweaking mostly for mobile.
    forum.lifewithtech.net:4567 & Mobile look if you want to get an idea of what i'm shooting for here

• Two questions

1. What the hell happened to the title post? It's been double HTML encoded?

2. With 133 downloads, are there seriously no github issues? Seems too good to be true.

• GNU/Linux

@psychobunny said:

Nice job 🙂 tbh I wanted to make masonry more of a plugin extension for persona but I'm glad you did this, maybe you should call it nodebb-theme-personavender 😛

+1

This way the topic title wouldn't sound like the persona theme is blocking anything 😄

great work 😉

• this is exactly what i've been looking for! love it thanks, Recent replies & this = perfect 😄

is it not best to make this a plugin instead to modify the theme? then if persona updates we wont miss out on the changes 😧

• @tfraley said:

It seems to come down to how many lines a description has and the post for that matter. Will probably hide the actual post comments.

I believe its lines/description/title based. I noticed that when I changed skins the blocks would reformat to a more orderly set up. (I have 12 categories. On some skins I would have a row of 4 a row of 1 a row of 4 and a row of 3. On others I would have 3 rows of 4)

Only difference between skins is font, which can have natural size differences. If your blocks don't line up try and change your skin!

• @apilorusso

Thanks,

Actually just got things how I wanted not to long ago.
    Basically, I made the category cards a hover and made them swap out the title/description with the latest post/preview.

Let me know what you think .. Humm.. seems I can't include a link it thinks it's spam.. Check out my profile for my forum

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.