[nodebb-plugin-shoutbox] Shoutbox plugin

• Plugin & Theme Dev

@chas thanks for reporting.

It's known that the disabling of features doesn't work but it's something I haven't looked in yet.
    Anonymous users can't see the shoutbox by design. The forums disappearing is an issue though. I'll look into it.

This release was mainly just for 0.6.x compatibility. Actual bug fixes and feature improvements will follow.

• GNU/Linux

Noticed in the 0.6.x release saving settings does not actually work, even changing within the shoutbox widget when its on the front page. (shows an error can not save)

But I take it this will be fixed. What I was just wondering in general how hard this would be to confine the shoutbox to within particular pages or subcategories (parents). Would be handy if say you didn't want the shoutbox to appear on the main window, but be available in different sub categories. Nice work on the plugin btw 😉

• Plugin & Theme Dev

@Codejet yeah that will be fixed.

You can choose in which widget area you put the widget. There's some configurability planned based on group permissions.

• @Schamper @chas Commenting out line 105 in config.js seems to allow the page to load. I am guessing this is not the best thing to do, but solves the problem of the page only displaying an error message.

• Thanks @Mandosis , @Schamper any sign of an official fix soon to the forums dissapearing? nearly been a month 👎

• Plugin & Theme Dev

@chas I've been swamped with personal stuff. I'll have some more time soon to work on NodeBB plugins.

• @Schamper just bought you a beer to support this plugin. Congratulations for it. I'm planning to use it on my site.

• I really like the concept but this plugin has a lot of issues... First there's no way to prevent spamming shouts (limit shout per 10 seconds / minute). Second, disabling the options (create gists, view archive, report bug) in the admin CP doesn't work and it doesn't change despite saying success for saving. Third, checking sound/notification seems to work but it says "Error saving settings!" in red when I check them.

Without these fixes I can't use the plugin 😢

• Plugin & Theme Dev

@Thomas-Gennaro-Prado-Nappo said:

I really like the concept but this plugin has a lot of issues... First there's no way to prevent spamming shouts (limit shout per 10 seconds / minute). Second, disabling the options (create gists, view archive, report bug) in the admin CP doesn't work and it doesn't change despite saying success for saving. Third, checking sound/notification seems to work but it says "Error saving settings!" in red when I check them.

Without these fixes I can't use the plugin 😢

Nothing that I don't already know, really. I know that there's currently no way to prevent spam. I've added it to the list 😉

• Save settings don't work, when a user is not logged in index page says: " Internal error... invalid data... and bla... bla... bla." Please update this for a beer.

• @DevPre see https://github.com/Schamper/nodebb-plugin-shoutbox/issues/72 for a quick hacky fix for the isse when logged out.

• Latest Master breaks this plugin - crashes nodebb after a category is chosen, weird.

• I changed to 0.7.x but still shoutbox is crashing, any idea how to completely uninstall a plugin.

I tried npm rm nodebb-plugin-shoutbox but whenever i reinstall it remembers all my settings

Tried again and fiddled with the settings, and it worked now 🙂

• Delete the plugin dir from nodebb_modules dir

You can also run ./nodebb reset plugin="nodebb-plugin-shoutbox"

• ./nodebb reset plugin="nodebb-plugin-shoutbox

• When I turn on the plugin, unregistered users can no longer see the content of forum, because of alert "Oops ! Something gone wrong"

nodebb log

8/6 14:45 [15030] - error: [plugins] filter:user.getSettings,  Invalid data
    8/6 14:45 [15030] - error: /
     Error: Invalid data
        at Object.Config.user.get (/root/nodebb/node_modules/nodebb-plugin-shoutbox/lib/config.js:105:19)
        at Object.Shoutbox.settings.getUserSettings [as method] (/root/nodebb/node_modules/nodebb-plugin-shoutbox/library.js:112:14)
        at /root/nodebb/src/plugins/hooks.js:89:12
        at /root/nodebb/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:269:13
        at iterate (/root/nodebb/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:146:13)
        at Object.async.eachSeries (/root/nodebb/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:162:9)
        at Object.async.reduce (/root/nodebb/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:268:15)
        at fireFilterHook (/root/nodebb/src/plugins/hooks.js:81:9)
        at Object.Plugins.fireHook (/root/nodebb/src/plugins/hooks.js:62:5)
        at onSettingsLoaded (/root/nodebb/src/user/settings.js:51:11)
    8/6 14:45 [15030] - error: [plugins] filter:user.getSettings,  Invalid data
    8/6 14:45 [15030] - error: [plugins] filter:widget.render:recentposts,  Invalid data
    8/6 14:45 [15030] - error: /api/widgets/render
     Error: Invalid data
        at Object.Config.user.get (/root/nodebb/node_modules/nodebb-plugin-shoutbox/lib/config.js:105:19)
        at Object.Shoutbox.settings.getUserSettings [as method] (/root/nodebb/node_modules/nodebb-plugin-shoutbox/library.js:112:14)
        at /root/nodebb/src/plugins/hooks.js:89:12
        at /root/nodebb/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:269:13
        at iterate (/root/nodebb/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:146:13)
        at Object.async.eachSeries (/root/nodebb/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:162:9)
        at Object.async.reduce (/root/nodebb/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:268:15)
        at fireFilterHook (/root/nodebb/src/plugins/hooks.js:81:9)
        at Object.Plugins.fireHook (/root/nodebb/src/plugins/hooks.js:62:5)
        at onSettingsLoaded (/root/nodebb/src/user/settings.js:51:11)

• @Scuzz Thanks, found someone's fork. will follow it.

• GNU/Linux

This plugin is honestly one of the best out there in my opinion, it's a shame it's not updated more often! 😞

It seems like no one can edit shouts, not even admins. I'm using the latest master from git.

• @Marc-Boisvert-Dupras said:

This plugin is honestly one of the best out there in my opinion, it's a shame it's not updated more often! 😞

It seems like no one can edit shouts, not even admins. I'm using the latest master from git.

I have the same problem.

Suggested Topics

| |