PlugIn Settings are missing [v0.7.0 dev] [nodebb-plugin-emailer-ssl-smtp]

• The settings of the plugin "nodebb-plugin-emailer-ssl-smtp" are missing.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Go to ACP > Extend > Plugins and type "emailer" in Plugin search.
    2. Install "nodebb-plugin-emailer-ssl-smtp" plugin und activate the plugin.
    3. Go to ACP > General > Dashboard and click "Reload".
    4. Go to ACP > Installed Plugins > Emailer (local) Smtp SSL. - It appears nothing.

• Admin

Hi there,

You'll want to contact the author of the plugin: erlgo [at] ipc6.com, or perhaps report the bug in the plugin's issue tracker :)

• @julian said:

perhaps report the bug in the plugin's issue tracker

I would have done it, but the author/repo had no issue tracker.

• I had similar problem with this plugin, but after restarting application it started working, i.e., settings page is visible and works.

• I restartet it about 10 times in the meantime, but it didn't change something.

• Have you tried restarting NodeBB?

• Many times in the meantime.

P.S.: Clicking 5-6 times on the Installed Plugins > Emailer (local) Smtp SSL crashes nodeBB. :open_mouth:

• Admin

@Hägar I believe emailer-local should contain settings for SSL. Perhaps you can give that a try?

• @julian I tried this plugin at first. There was no SSL specific setting.

Bildschirmfoto 2015-04-17 um 15.58.13.png

• Admin

Okay, thanks. Best bet would be contacting the creator of the plugin directly via email. Hopefully he can help you out :)

• Maybe somebody like to merge the ssl-specific-parts back into actual emailer-local plugin. The "emailer-local-ssl" was a fork of the "emailer-local" plugin.

• Update:
    I activated the "Require Email Confirmation" checkbox in "ADMIN CONTROL PANEL > SETTINGS > USER". - Now the test-function works with the emailer-local plugin. I get the test mails. Even when i turn the checkbox off again. :smiley:

• When open the "Emailer (local) Smtp SSL" in an new window...

Bildschirmfoto 2015-04-21 um 11.43.05.png

...the forum gets down.

21/4 11:44 [8287] - [31merror[39m: SyntaxError: Invalid regular expression: /<!--[\s]*IF !(you're using an older commit, use type="text".)? Or pulling the up-to-date version would be even better ;)[\s]*-->([\s\S]*?)<!--[\s]*ENDIF !(you're using an older commit[\s]*-->/: Unmatched ')'
        at new RegExp (<anonymous>)
        at makeConditionalRegex (/home/webservice/nodebb/node_modules/templates.js/lib/templates.js:206:10)
        at checkConditional (/home/webservice/nodebb/node_modules/templates.js/lib/templates.js:229:32)
        at checkConditionals (/home/webservice/nodebb/node_modules/templates.js/lib/templates.js:225:27)
        at parseValue (/home/webservice/nodebb/node_modules/templates.js/lib/templates.js:369:14)
        at parse (/home/webservice/nodebb/node_modules/templates.js/lib/templates.js:390:17)
        at cleanup (/home/webservice/nodebb/node_modules/templates.js/lib/templates.js:433:27)
        at parse (/home/webservice/nodebb/node_modules/templates.js/lib/templates.js:400:15)
        at parseTemplate (/home/webservice/nodebb/node_modules/templates.js/lib/templates.js:123:14)
        at Object.templates.parse (/home/webservice/nodebb/node_modules/templates.js/lib/templates.js:109:11)
        at /home/webservice/nodebb/node_modules/templates.js/lib/templates.js:157:30
    SyntaxError: Invalid regular expression: /<!--[\s]*IF !(you're using an older commit, use type="text".)? Or pulling the up-to-date version would be even better ;)[\s]*-->([\s\S]*?)<!--[\s]*ENDIF !(you're using an older commit[\s]*-->/: Unmatched ')'
        at new RegExp (<anonymous>)
        at makeConditionalRegex (/home/webservice/nodebb/node_modules/templates.js/lib/templates.js:206:10)
        at checkConditional (/home/webservice/nodebb/node_modules/templates.js/lib/templates.js:229:32)
        at checkConditionals (/home/webservice/nodebb/node_modules/templates.js/lib/templates.js:225:27)
        at parseValue (/home/webservice/nodebb/node_modules/templates.js/lib/templates.js:369:14)
        at parse (/home/webservice/nodebb/node_modules/templates.js/lib/templates.js:390:17)
        at cleanup (/home/webservice/nodebb/node_modules/templates.js/lib/templates.js:433:27)
        at parse (/home/webservice/nodebb/node_modules/templates.js/lib/templates.js:400:15)
        at parseTemplate (/home/webservice/nodebb/node_modules/templates.js/lib/templates.js:123:14)
        at Object.templates.parse (/home/webservice/nodebb/node_modules/templates.js/lib/templates.js:109:11)
        at /home/webservice/nodebb/node_modules/templates.js/lib/templates.js:157:30
    21/4 11:44 [8287] - [32minfo[39m: [app] Shutdown (SIGTERM/SIGINT) Initialised.
    21/4 11:44 [8287] - [32minfo[39m: [app] Database connection closed.
    21/4 11:44 [8287] - [32minfo[39m: [app] Web server closed to connections.
    21/4 11:44 [8287] - [32minfo[39m: [app] Shutdown complete.
    [cluster] Child Process (8287) has exited (code: 1, signal: null)
    [cluster] Spinning up another process...

And it restarts again.

• @Hägar please check this pull request: https://github.com/erlgo/nodebb-plugin-emailer-ssl-smtp/pull/1

It tells you what has to be changed in template file to prevent that error.

• Ouch. That's a funny bug. :beetle: And that's the reason for this thread. If applied you get the settings-view of that plug-in.

The plugin itself doesn't work, but you can change the settings. So it's a first step. :relaxed:

• Glad you found workaround. Still, its strange that you cannot use nodebb-plugin-emailer-ssl-smtp module (or the other one) alone.

• The other one (emailer-local) "works", but only if the setup was made with this one (emailer-ssl-smtp).

I believe perhaps it has to do with the case, that they share the same settings in the database.

• It probably help authors of those modules, or at least "emailer-local", if you could find what's different in settings in database. Maybe it's just a tiny option, that could be added to emailer-local and it would work in both cases?

Looking into both modules package.json and index.js it looks like https://github.com/NodeBB/nodebb-plugin-emailer-local/ does not install "nodemailer-smtp-transport" like https://github.com/erlgo/nodebb-plugin-emailer-ssl-smtp does by default. Maybe it was just a case of missing dependency?

As for sending mail, emailer-ssl-smtp adds secure: true when setting up transport, but that does not seem to be stored anyway, so shouldn't be used by emailer-local.
    Also transport initialization is done a bit differently, but that too shouldn't matter because it's not "shared" in any way between modules.

• I thought this must be just one line or one function. I stared at the code and the database, and didn't get what's the point of the matter.

Sorry. I just could reproduce it, but didn't know why it works that way.

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.