Anyone have an ipad chrome

General Discussion
  • Just want to see if anybody else can confirm what I am seeing.

1. In Chrome on iPad, click the settings dropdown and hit "New Incognito Tab"
    2. Open a couple sites in the incognito tab
    3. Return to home screen
    4. Double-tap the home button to bring up the active apps menu
    5. Long press on Chrome icon to bring up close button
    6. Close Chrome
    7. Re-open Chrome via home screen - do your incognito tabs re-open?

They do on this iPad (iOS 6.1.3), which really seems like an oversight! If I close my incognito tabs, they should be gone for good!

• With iOS 8 coming out so soon and the fact that a vast majority of users are on iOS 7, it's it worth even considering iOS 6?

@julian said:

Open a couple sites in the incognito tab
    Return to home screen
    Double-tap the home button to bring up the active apps menu
    Long press on Chrome icon to bring up close button
    Close Chrome
    Re-open Chrome via home screen - do your incognito t

• Give me 4 hours for the iPad to get enough charge in it to turn on and I'll verify on iOS 7.whatever the latest is. 😆

You been busted watching a bit of blue Julian? 😛

EDIT:

Long press on Chrome icon to bring up close button

iOS 7 users swipe the app upwards to close. Don't think iOS6 had the "multitasking" (I use that word loosely).

However, swiping the app up to close, does indeed keep the incognito tabs open. It also does it for a non incognito window. It also does it in Safari. Maybe they don't actually close, or they save their state, so closing the browser doesn't actually close it...

• @a_5mith LOL OP was 9 months ago buddy 😆 When the Apple announcement came out, I was probably sitting on a beach somewhere 🌞

• @julian said:

@a_5mith LOL OP was 9 months ago buddy 😆 When the Apple announcement came out, I was probably sitting on a beach somewhere 🌞

😆 I didn't even notice. Guess I'm just confirming it's still an issue. 😛

Suggested Topics

• Anyone Know Any?

General Discussion
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    5k Views

@TylerGamesTV You not paid your hosting bill? 😛 404

• 0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views

Hey guys, I just noticed this as well.

I recently updated our certs, but not sure if that's the reason, of whether it's just a new check from Chrome.

either way, gh#3054

• 0 Votes
    10 Posts
    2k Views

@Giorgio-Chiodi, our upstream provider is Digital Ocean also, so we'd go through the same issues you'd experience, only you wouldn't have to deal with them, we would 😄

• 0 Votes
    17 Posts
    4k Views

@a_5mith Eh I'll just use BrowserStack!

• 0 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views

Not relevant to this topic, only to the ^ reply above.

hey @psychobunny, would you consider, in the WP-NBB-PLUGIN a way to "Augment" the NodeBB.Search result page, (probably below the NodeBB Results), so it can use the same "query" to search WP's database and display the result on the same page?

This way one would use a single search form to search both, NodeBB forum and WP site.

I guess it's not too hard to do as a nodebb-plugin if the NodeBB's search.tpl can guarantee to the existence of either a parent element to appendTo or an element to overwrite, along with a locked "selector" to get the "query value".

I guess the point of my reply if you consider having your WP-NBB-Plugin to have that option, "merge" search or not, and it should be able to override or augment WP-Search form.

I'd be interested to take a look at it even if in development mode unless it's confidential.