Is there an issue with editing profiles 0.6.0

• GNU/Linux

Currently every time I click on the user badge top right corner of the front page it takes me to my admin profile and I can't edit any profile information.

Seems stuck I can't find any buttons for editing anything.

• Community Rep

Could you provide us more information?

What's happened when you're going to https://yousite.com/user/codejet/edit ?
    Are there any errors in the console? (Ctrl + Shift + J in Chrome)

• GNU/Linux

There's basically no Edit , Settings tabs options next to the Profile dropdown in the user profile page

Just blank with the [Profile] dropdown tab

could it be missing a default plugin activation ? seems strange

• GNU/Linux

@Mega said:

Could you provide us more information?

What's happened when you're going to https://yousite.com/user/codejet/edit ?
    Are there any errors in the console? (Ctrl + Shift + J in Chrome)

Going to those pages, yep they work but it seems because I've done a code hack on the css

body {
    background-image: url("watever.link");
    }

seems those pages seem to have the entire body the same as the start page. (watever.link)
    looks a bit messy

Would that have something to do with while those tab links are missing at the top of the user profile page edit and settings (?)

• GNU/Linux

I have profile extends installed as well..

just compeltely uninstalled the plugin reloaded and same issue

• Community Rep

Perhaps you have broken some .tpl files, like that one
    NodeBB/node_modules/nodebb-theme-vanilla/templates/partials/account_menu.tpl

Which theme are you using?

• GNU/Linux

just the lavender latest..

Had the very same issues with the navigation links.. users, Groups (now header.groups)

and just the body background issue again taking out most of those pages form,container, watever you call them stylings

just ended up being user group badges

• GNU/Linux

Wats the best way to do a fresh install while keeping those settings (in the redis db)

• GNU/Linux

@Mega said:

Perhaps you have broken some .tpl files, like that one
    NodeBB/node_modules/nodebb-theme-vanilla/templates/partials/account_menu.tpl

Which theme are you using?

Would you suggest I replace the vanilla and lavender theme directories with new fresh ones.
    Is there a git command to do this ? I'm no good with git

I've got 3 other themes installed , some of the boards and older style forum ones.

Would be it ?

• GNU/Linux

@Mega Completely fixed. used the plugin admin interface to uninstall (unbuild) every theme including lavender & vanilla.

Browsed to the node_module directory made sure all nodebb-theme-* were gone.

made sure I stopped the server

then did some 'npm install nodebb-theme-vanilla'
    then 'npm install nodebb-theme-lavender'

start the server again then click theme in admin USE lavender and presto everything's back working

cheers, looks like a tonne easier adding your own Custom HTML/CSS, saves all your settings that way 👍

| |

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.