Socket error when running Nodebb

• I get this error about 3 minutes into starting and running my forum. I don't know what's causing but would greatly appreciate some help.

2014-12-29T20:16:56.342Z - error: Error: Redis connection to 127.0.0.1:6379 fail
    ed - write ECONNRESET
    at RedisClient.on_error (C:\Users\Noah\nodebb\node_modules\redis\index.js:18
    5:24)
    at Socket.<anonymous> (C:\Users\Noah\nodebb\node_modules\redis\index.js:95:1

1. at Socket.emit (events.js:95:17)
      at onwriteError (_stream_writable.js:239:10)
      at onwrite (_stream_writable.js:257:5)
      at WritableState.onwrite (_stream_writable.js:97:5)
      at fireErrorCallbacks (net.js:438:13)
      at Socket._destroy (net.js:476:3)
      at Socket._write (net.js:646:17)
      at doWrite (_stream_writable.js:226:10)
      at writeOrBuffer (_stream_writable.js:216:5)
      at Socket.Writable.write (_stream_writable.js:183:11)

• Admin

@Noah-Rainey said:

2014-12-29T20:16:56.342Z - error: Error: Redis connection to 127.0.0.1:6379 fail
    ed - write ECONNRESET

type redis-cli in your shell. Can you connect and run commands?

• @baris I get this error when I try typing it:

The term 'redis-cli' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, scrip
    t file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was i
    ncluded, verify that the path is correct and try again.
    At line:1 char:10

• redis-cli <<<<
      • CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (redis-cli:String) [], CommandNo
        tFoundException
      • FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

• Admin

@Noah-Rainey That's a powershell error... hm... it sounds like Redis gets shut down after a couple minutes of your forum running. How have you installed Redis?

• @julian Yes Redis is running in a console shell while NodeBB is running.

• Admin

Can you have redis installed as a service daemon instead? Double-check that you can access Redis via command line (this is what @baris is suggesting you do)

• @julian I opened up command prompt and tried but got this: 'redis-cli' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

• Admin

Depending on how Redis is installed, accessing the command line interface is different. Let us know.

• @julian I'm running it on Windows and I've always just gone to program files and executed the redis command prompt.

• Admin

@Noah-Rainey 👍

What we're trying to say is the problem seems to be your Redis data store is no longer accessible, which explains why NodeBB is crashing. So you'll have to look into the reason for that

• @julian Would reinstalling Redis fix the issue?

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.