Run NodeBB along with my website using my website's auth system.

• Hi,

I am creating a website for e-learning purposes on the MEAN.JS stack and want to add NodeBB as the community part.

But as NodeBB has its own authentication system and so does my website, is there a way to sync the two. I don't want to keep the NodeBB login/register system but only of my website and users logged into my website should be loggedin to NodeBB as well.

I have been going through the NodeBB code and haven't been able to figure it out. Can anyone help me with this please.
    My questions are

• Is it possible to make NodeBB sync with my auth system?
    • if so, then how can I go about with it, without modifying much of NodeBB?

Thank you

• If you configured OAuth for your authentication system then you could use this plugin by @julian

https://github.com/julianlam/nodebb-plugin-sso-oauth

Well to my knowledge that is :D

• @xCausxn I am going to try out what you have said. But, I also wanted to know if this will work for Social logins on my website?

The users on my website can use Facebook, Google+ or local login to register to the website and use it. Now if I create the oauth system on my server, will it also be able to handle FB logins?

Sorry, I am pretty new to all this and still am figuring things out. Even if you can point me to the right direction, I'd be grateful.

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.