NodeBB crashing repeatedly when loading pages templates

• Hello I have pulled the latest version and run ./nodebb upgrade and now I have this error whenever I'm navigating on my instance which make it restart and unusable.

info: NodeBB attempting to listen on: 0.0.0.0:4567
    info: NodeBB is now listening on: 0.0.0.0:4567
    error: Cannot call method 'toString' of undefined
    TypeError: Cannot call method 'toString' of undefined
        at Object.templates.parse (c:\wamp\www\Github\NodeBB\public\src\templates.js:25:23)
        at c:\wamp\www\Github\NodeBB\node_modules\nodebb-widget-essentials\library.js:73:22
        at Object.User.getMultipleUserFields (c:\wamp\www\Github\NodeBB\src\user.js:52:11)
        at getUserData (c:\wamp\www\Github\NodeBB\node_modules\nodebb-widget-essentials\library.js:69:9)
        at c:\wamp\www\Github\NodeBB\src\categories\activeusers.js:27:5
        at fn (c:\wamp\www\Github\NodeBB\node_modules\async\lib\async.js:641:34)
        at Object._onImmediate (c:\wamp\www\Github\NodeBB\node_modules\async\lib\async.js:557:34)
        at processImmediate [as _immediateCallback] (timers.js:336:15)
    info: [app] Shutdown (SIGTERM/SIGINT) Initialised.
    info: [app] Database connection closed.
    info: [app] Shutdown complete.

What is happening ? Thanks in advance for the future help.

• @esiao Having this as well, dropping all widgets into the Drafts part and saving seemed to temporarily fix it.

• @a_5mith Yeah fixed it, kinda hard to access the widget page but I've managed to disable them.
    Some weird bug to fix it seems, anyway thanks for the quick answer.

• Admin NodeBB

Is this on latest nodebb core and widget essentials? I am trying to reproduce it.

@psychobunny shouldn't widget essentials use the npm module templates.js instead of the one in public.

• @baris All widgets show undefined instead of body. NodeBB is latest, have tried updating widget-essentials too.

Untitled.png

• Admin NodeBB

Alright this is fixed now on latest widget essentials, please update.

Suggested Topics

| |