UNSOLVED Gracefully return user to login page and notify about an login error

• Hi all,

still continuing on my OAuth2 plugin implementation, I've a problem I can't actually solve and need you valuable advises.

I've this fragment in my plugin

OAuth.getStrategy = function (strategies, callback) {
      winston.verbose('[maxonID] --> OAuth.getStrategy');
      if (configOk) {
        passportOAuth = require('passport-oauth2');

passportOAuth.Strategy.prototype.userProfile = function (accessToken, done) {
          if (!accessToken) {
            done(new Error('Missing token, cannot call the userinfo endpoint without it.'));
          }
          this._oauth2.useAuthorizationHeaderforGET(true);
          this._oauth2.get(constants.userRoute, accessToken, function (err, body, res) {
            if (err) {
              console.error(err);
              return done(new Error('Failed to get user info. Exception was previously logged.'));
            }

if (res.statusCode < 200 || res.statusCode > 299) {
              return done(new Error('Unexpected response from userInfo. [' + res.statusCode + '] [' + body + ']'));
            }

OAuth.validateEntitlement(accessToken, constants.allowedEntitlement, function (err, accessAllowed) {
              if (err) {
                return done(err);
              }

if (!accessAllowed) {
                // Need to find a way to gracefully notify the user and point back to login page
                return done(new Error('Forum access is not granted. Please contact your representative.'));
              }

try {
                var json = JSON.parse(body);
                OAuth.parseUserReturn(json, function (err, profile) {

and I'd like to return the user to the forum login page and notify him about the issue, something like when the password is wrong. Is there a smart way to make it happen from such a plugin without rising an error?

Thanks a lot for your valuable insights, R.

Suggested Topics

| |